Help!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by break5, Sep 7, 2008.

1. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    iPod touch problem -
    Every time I install a new app on my iPod touch, nothing happens. Then I open it up, try it out, and quit it. After that, it freezes. I try restarting it but that damn apple logo comes up and stays there for about ten minutes (I didn't bother waiting any longer). I connected it to my computer and put it into recovery mode. Then this f**king error comes up: "An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again. An unknown error occurred (1619)."

Does anyone know how to fix this problem??

P.S. by the way, I DID try disconnecting and reconnecting it a LOT of times.

2. mek

mek Well-Known Member

I had this problem
    but it always stayed at the Apple logo

if you do a force restore by following these steps, it will place a clean build of the OS on your touch...
    you will not be able to do a restore from back up, and will have to load all your music, movies, contacts, and apps again
    but at least it gives you an error free start

-----------

1. Turn the iPhone ON
    2. CONNECT it to the dock
    3. Make sure iTunes is open so you'll know when it enters DFU mode
    4. HOLD the Power/Sleep-Wake button AND the Home button for 10 seconds
    5. RELEASE only the Power/Sleep-Wake button and continue to hold the Home button
    6. WAIT until iTunes recognizes the phone in DFU Restore mode (in Windows a bubble pops up saying it recognized new hardware "DFU Mode" or something to that effect)
    The last step may take SOME TIME, like, say, even 60 seconds or so. The screen should be OFF (black), if you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo, START OVER. It may take a few tries to do the steps just right, just reboot (hold both Power/Sleep-Wake AND Home until the Apple logo appears and the phone turns back on) then try again.

then restore the iphone

3. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    alright it took me a few tries, but it finally appeared in itunes and i'm about to restore... but it says, "Restore and update to Version 1.1.5" isn't it supposed to be 2. something?

4. mek

mek Well-Known Member

2.02 actually. (i think)
    you need to have downloaded the latest firmware

i think you can download it directly from apple or copy the firmware's path, and when in itunes, you hold down, control, or shift..and it will ask you for a directory path to install the firmware from

i haven't done that in a long time..
    but at least if you download 1.1.5, get that running, then check for updates and you should be able to download the latest firmware..that is prob. the easiest route

5. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    yeah 2 problems with that:

1. For the firmware path thing, I tried it and as soon as it finished "extracting firmware..." an error came up.

2. I tried to update it to 2.0.2 from 1.1.5, and it said that I don't have iTunes 7.7.1 installed... when I do.

6. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Fixed.

Here's to hoping it never happens again...

7. dookadook

dookadook New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    If you have already jailbroken your ipod touch and this error message comes up, simply plug into your computer and re-jailbreak(I use blackrain). Your ipod will restart at exactly the moment it freaked. I was halfway through typing a note when it faded out, and this way even got the half-finished note back.

This has happened to me twice, and this worked both times. Hope this helps someone else.