Help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slayer_megadeth, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Hey guys i have a little problem regarding iTunes. Yesterday i re-installed windows on my computer and forgot to backup the iTunes library. Since i had no data loss everything was there and when i started iTunes it said re-install due to quicktime missing. I did re-install itunes and now the library is gone :(. Can anyone help regarding where the previous library data would be. thanx

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Yikes. That sucks.

You can go to iTunes and, one by one, re-download everything. There might be an easier way, but i don't know of it.

You won't be charged for something you already bought. It'll tell you that already bought it and will ask if you want to download it again.

Good luck.

3. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Thanx a lot for a speedy response. I guess i will have to download everything all over again.

4. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    *If you have had no data loss, this won't be necessary!*

It sounds like you skipped the pop-up box that says something like "would you like iTunes to import your music on your computer into your library?" (they wouldn't be the exact words, but that's what it does.
    if you have them on your HDD you can just drag and drop (WMA file format etc. are converted to AAC), however if you don't have them on your disk, then both of these options are useless unfortunately (you could try re-installing iTunes to get the pop-up box again).
    Otherwise, if you have all your music stored on your iPhone/Touch you can download a program (won't list, it's illegal) that allows you to copy your music off your iPod (or iPhone I'm guessing?) onto your computer.
    I hope this helps, and goodluck.

5. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    That's why I have a Mac.:p

6. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Fair enough. As soon as I have enough money, I'm skipping back over to mac. They should be releasing a new iMac sometime. I'll be all over it. First I got to get a job tho :p. And the exchange rate between Aus and US is terrible.. So hopefully when they do release it, it will be better so the price will be reasonable..
    but anyway, if you reformat your mac, and don't back up your files, you will have the same problem.