help with itunes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by iloverightangles111, Mar 7, 2009.

1. iloverightangles111

iloverightangles111 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Terrapin Station
    I have an ipod touch 2g, and I have a bunch of apps on it. I want to make a new itunes account, and re-download the apps that I bought and have on my ipod to the new account. Do I just click "Download Purchases" or can I do it legally at all? Thanks.

2. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    i think that if the aps are already downloaded to ur comp then u can switch, but u shuld prob cal apple otherwise

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes you can do this legally.

You have to activate your new account with your old one. Baisically connecting the two together and they can download the same apps.

When signed into your new account. In itunes go to the top and click "store"
    Then go down to "authorize computer.." and enter in the account and password and sign in with the other account and do this same thing and you are good to go.

When you go to re-download an app you have already purchased, it will say "you have already bought this app, would you like to download it again for free"
    Or something like that. So it won't charge you.

If you are not sure, try to write a review for the app, if it lets you then you have already paid for it and you won't get charged again for sure. If it won't let you, then you did something wrong or you haven't bought this app before.

4. iloverightangles111

Feb 18, 2009
    Terrapin Station
    but the thing is, I can't get onto the account I purchased the apps on, I just have the apps on my ipod. I'm still wandering if the "transfer purchase" thing will put the apps on my new account for free

5. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Oh...I think you need the username/password of the apps that were bought. But I'm not sure on that one.

6. iloverightangles111

Feb 18, 2009
    Terrapin Station
    Well, I guess I could give it a shot...

7. iloverightangles111

Feb 18, 2009
    Terrapin Station
    I need to do it this way, I guess. I can't even copy the free apps, lol.

8. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Do you have the apps on your computer? Find your iTunes folder/Mobile applications folder and the apps are there.

9. iloverightangles111

Feb 18, 2009
    Terrapin Station
    I think I got this sorted out now, thanks guys.