Help with iHound!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by cazure, Mar 22, 2009.

1. cazure

cazure Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    iHound is an app designed to help you locate your lost iPhone or iPod Touch. Used with their website, it keeps track of your iDevice so long as that device is 1) connected to a network (3G, EDGE, or WiFi), AND 2) has iHound running. If you lose it, you can generate a police report detailing its previous locations, and if a thief tries to use an iDevice that's running iHound, and he's connected to the internet, then iHound will send a notification to you. I think that's how it works, anyway. It sounds like a great idea, yeah?

But my problem is that I can't even get it to find my location. I'm sitting in my house, connected to my wifi network, and my Location Services are on. I have an account set up and everything. But it just won't find my iPod Touch 2G. I'm running the most recent firmware, I've followed the instructions, I've restarted my iPod, synced it, and re-installed the app...I just can't get it to work. The dev's site is here for those interested. Any help would be much appreciated! :D I contacted the dev, and while he responded quickly, he doesn't have any immediate solutions just yet.

PS: If this is in the wrong category, please feel free to move it...heh.

2. Rozzwell

Rozzwell Active Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Has anyone checked this out recently?

My itouch was stolen after a night of drunken debauchery, complete and utter memory loss, girlfriend was not happy.
    God I hate drinking vodka with the Polish. Worst of all I think I know who took it, just need to think of a good way getting it back.

Anyhow.......does anyone use this software? It sounds quite cool if it works. I was thinking about installing it when I get my new itouch (but the 3rd gen won't be in Poland till the beginning of Oct)..........and I said wasn't going to upgrade.