Help us decide the name of our game!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PocApp Studios, Apr 12, 2016.

?

Decide the name of our game!

1. Garrison Cats

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Castle Cats

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. PocApp Studios

PocApp Studios Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    #1 PocApp Studios, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  2. wenix

wenix Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

How about:

Warcats (sounds as cool as Warcraft lol)
    War Cats
    Meow Defense

:D

3. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Attack Katts

4. Eageron

Eageron Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    Garrision Cats sounds more on point! If you ask me it fits a lot better to the the whole art work and everything. Castle Cats is too cute! :) I vote for Garrison Cats! Battle Cats I put in as another name!

5. PocApp Studios

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    Thanks for the feedback!
    I understand what you are saying. Why we want to change is because Garrison Cats for some is hard to pronounce and some people we've asked doesn't really know what Garrison mean. Castle Cats, in my opinion is more catchy and it sounds better and I think the logo will be better with a shorter name.

Best regards,
    Tim

6. Eageron

Eageron Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    You are probably right! Castle is something anybody can cope with! Thanks to Super Mario! :) Looking forward to see your game finished! Much success!

7. LunaMay

LunaMay Active Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Herald of Mobile Gaming
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Do you really want to evoke the feeling a lot of WoW players have about garrisons? I personally didn't mind them much, but a lot of my friends were very vocal about them. The concept of garrisons was fine, it just didn't really work within WoW too well.

Anyway as for the name - Castle Cats is very catchy, easy to say, fast to type - I love it. The only issue I have with it is vague meaning. How about Quest Cats? It's a little more descriptive.

PS:
    The artwork is awesome! Keep up the good work!

8. PocApp Studios

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    Hi!

So in the beginning we were inspired by Garrison in WoW but we are kinda drifting away from it. We are going more towards the Cat Collecting genre, like Neko Atsume or KleptoCats, but with much more depth. We have story, awesome fantasy setting and a villain - the Evil Pugomancer!

I agree on your opinions about the name. We have settled for Castle Cats and it will have more meaning in the game when it's out! :)

Best regards,
    Tim