Universal Help Test BlastBall MAX - Top Scores win iTunes Gift Cards!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sven - Monkube, Feb 6, 2015.

1. mafiiee

mafiiee Active Member

Oct 29, 2010
    California
    Now that you mentioned it ill check on the missions haha

before i was only focusing on getting like 5 in a row but now im trying to build more balls in a row and i learned that in one of the tips shown before the game starts :) and i need to keep myself from using the bomb defusers asap haha i panic everytime i see a bomb i feel like i will forget about it so i use the powerup real fast xD

2. mafiiee

mafiiee Active Member

Oct 29, 2010
    California
    #22 mafiiee, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Also about the "future colors" that i suggested what i meant was if we would be able "customize" the balls to our favorite colors maybe? Like if i was to play i would change my colors to blue and pink xD and then next time i play maybe i want to change it again? and of course there would be an option to just keep the same colors if you dont mind purple and yellow xD i just think it would be fun to customize it the way you want it ^^

3. Sven - Monkube

Sven - Monkube Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Making 6, 7 or 8 in a row will certainly get you higher scores, that's true. And don't worry about the bomb's timer going down, there's a BLEEP - BLEEP ... when the timer is at 1, so you won't miss it.

We thought about adding more colors (which you'd unlock), but that would mean that the app size (which is now 30mb to download and 140mb installed) would become a lot higher. As most of the space is taken up by textures, and a new colour scheme would mean a totally new set of textures.

By the way, 140mb is pretty amazing when you take into account that the app is universal and iPad Retina. It scales down from there, so iPhone 6 and 6+ are also at full resolution.

To finish off: to anyone who's interested: we're still looking for more people to test! And all we need is your email. So send it to [email protected] or PM it, and we'll hook you up to Blastball MAX!

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Impressions

So after the tutorial that was very helpful I was drawn into trying to get the next high score. I like the fact that there is only 25 turns so it doesn't go on ad nauseam. It adds a strategic level to the game where you have to really plan ahead. This game is well put together for casual and expert puzzle players. There is a wide variety of "special" balls (heehee) that throw you for a little loop but they're mostly easily managed. The gameplay is a match 5+ balls but you have to move one of the tiles every turn as well so it adds a greater depth of strategy. I must not be that good at it as it sits now because I've not even broken 4000 points when I saw someone had already broken 12k hahaha

Time to go practice!
    Well done guys

5. Sven - Monkube

Nov 9, 2014
    Funny how people immediately think they're bad at something, because they don't master it in short time :)
    We've been focus group testing the gameplay mechanic for over 18 months, and EVERYONE starts out low. That the beauty of Kris Burm's work (the boardgame designer who came up with the core gameplay), there are layers of gameplay depth, and you can't skip over one. People who have a higher score, probably just played more that you.

FYI: The missions are actually a safety net. Those will always point you in the right direction, gently nudging you towards the next piece of knowledge.

Give it a week, by then, the gameplay will have REALLY opened up. When you cross the 30 to 40.000 point mark, then you'll really realize how genius the mechanic is (and no, I'm not saying what the highest possible scores are)

6. FRACTURES

FRACTURES Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Firstly, I think it’s a great game - really absorbing. With a few tweaks it could be even better - it’s the little details that can make all the difference to the finished product…

I really feel the Menu ‘Play’ arrow button should be in the middle and larger than the Settings and Facebook circles, as playing the game is what you really want to do, not Facebook(ing)

The professor screens (really not a fan of the harsh white screen and professor design) - don't seem to feel the same style as the rest of the game - soft, easy on the eye graphic design.

I don't like the grid fill sound - it’s too blocky and abrupt - spoils the relaxing feel.

Maybe needs a sound asset to remind the player of bomb each round - as they’re easy to forget about. Just something subtle, as i think it only really reminds you with a sound asset when there’s one turn left - which I think is a bit late.

The game wouldn't let me move a grid block even though it was one I hadn't moved the round previously (bottom second from right part of overall grid).

I get an alert warning me that I can't slide a block back even though I'm just trying to decide where I might want to place it and changing my mind and not letting go of the block (dragging it around).

7. Sven - Monkube

Nov 9, 2014
    Great feedback. Some of it has been ironed out in the build that should go live worldwide this Thursday.
    I know you're not a real fan of sharing your score, so I'm not gonna ask again.
    But I'll try to get some insight by asking this:
    At this moment, what's your best strategy. How do you tackle getting the highest possible score within these 25 turns?

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Has this ended?

9. Sven - Monkube

Nov 9, 2014
    Hey guys, we where thrown off by Apple rejecting our App Store video last week. And had to scramble to fix the problem.
    Can any of you take a screen of his high-score ranking, and post it here? As it's time to start handing out those iTunes gift card prizes :)

10. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Got around 43k

Attached Files:

11. Sven - Monkube

Nov 9, 2014
    Not bad. Quick question: are you still advancing score-wise?

12. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I haven't played in a while sadly. And now had to delete it so I could download the store version so my progress will be gone. Looking forward to progress further

13. Sven - Monkube

Nov 9, 2014
    If you logged in with FB, you will keep your progress.

14. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Sweet I just noticed that! Just local scores are gone and power ups but no big deal there.

15. Sven - Monkube

Nov 9, 2014
    Just noticed your Game Center score. You're making progress ;-)

16. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Guess none of the other testers want to post their scores?

17. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Bumping so other testers see this

18. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Well looks like no one else is posting so when are you closing this Sven?