Help Syncing to New Computer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by RtodaJ, Jan 30, 2009.

1. RtodaJ

RtodaJ Active Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Hi My computer crashed last week so i just bought an amazing pc. My problem is i have a ipod touch with over 200 songs and 80 apps on it. I payed for everything so i really dont want to lose everything when i sync it to my new computer. Since I've been downloading many of my songs on the itunes app there hasent been much of a need to use the computer. But with all this talk about the $19.00 app thing and other development news, i think a software update should be on its way. I checked online to see how to sync an ipod to a new computer, but i have a feeling ill have a problem syncing my apps (Most of the directions are outdated and dont mention this).

I need someone who knows what there doing to give me directions how to sync my ipod touch to my new computer without losing anything.

Note: I run Vista

Any help would be much appreciated

2. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Don't worry about losing apps, you can redownload as many times as you want (as long as you use the same iTunes account). The only thing you'll lose is the save data, but if you figure out how to re-sync you won't lose anything. I've never had to sync to a new computer, so I don't know how to - sorry :(.

3. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    You can synch up to five computers pc or mac for each device

Always click transfer purchases as soon as it shows your device icon in iTunes
    That allows you to put everything in iTunes so you won't loose it.

If you have pirated music those songs won't go directly in iTunes without a 3rd party app.

After that choose your options to manage your files and synch.

It should begin the backing up your divice (to save text and what not) then start the synch.

Remember to move slowly and read the promts word for word, because it'll always make sure you really want to preform the action you chose.

Always remember that the "x" at the right of the progress bar is to stop any action that might have been initiated.

I synch between mac and pc often and these are the steps I take everytime.

4. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Of corse there's always google

Just type synching (your device here) to a new pc computer

Make sure it's for the latest version of iTunes.

5. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Have a look on Google for this app called SENUTI.
    It lets you view what you have on the ipod and you can select one or all songs to transfer to somewhere on the computer.
    As always, read carefully before doing anything, then you should be fine.