Help Sega determine what to bring to the iphone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stoney Mason, Jul 27, 2009.

1. psycx

psycx New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    IT Support
    Reading, England
    #61 psycx, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    Has anyone else noticed that Sega appear to have deleted the blog post?

I think they should bring something like the Sonic Rush/Advance games and Jet Set Radio. I also think that EA could work some magic on with Desert Strike and Road Rash.

2. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEkĀ®
    washington
    Streets Of Rage 2

Please. The port of SOR1 is excellent now that it is updated to work on the 3gs. It has everything from two view modes, 4 difficulty modes, and SOUND test for music tracks!

Release SOR2 in the same fashion please! Best game ever.

3. neon_guide

neon_guide Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Rez would be ace
    Sega Rally
    Virtua Cop
    Some sort of Nights where you guide Nights with your finger

would be ace, no more sonic thanks

4. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    +1 on the improved SoR. I'll have to check out the different view modes, I've only played the default.

5. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    REZ (I know it's a stretch)

Ristar (much more realistic)

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    House of the Dead. There is no sega game that would work better (except maybe Virtua Cop which I also like). Just tap to shoot and shake to reload. have co op over bluetooth, wifi, or even on the same iDevice. I think there's enough room for two people to kill zombies. Only issue is when they go after the same zombie or a boss, that might create some difficulty. Otherwise you could go with Doom Res's approach (which I'm enojoying ALOT) with the tilt to aim. Virtua Cop would be alot of fun too and would bring back memories since I think it was my first light gun shooter. So yeah, either one of those games would be an instant purchase for me.

7. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    dune 2 anyone?? i know its not owned by sega but... if they could get the license for it... i would begin to love sega

8. bc142

bc142 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    *goes to look through all his old genesis games*
    Phantasy Star!!!! for the wolf

9. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    I would KILL for a Rez iPhone version. Playing that with headphones on and zoning out would be a blast.

10. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I think a First Person Action game like Condemned would work good on the iphone either as a port or a remake. Condemned is a slower paced action game with the movement and combat slower than a typical FPA game. Also the combat doesnt require a whole lot of accuracy, you just grab a 2X4 or a pipe and swing it in front of your enemy and he gets hit. SO any accuracy issues that are sometimes present on other iphone first person action games probably wouldn't apply to a Condemned port.