Help Sega determine what to bring to the iphone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stoney Mason, Jul 27, 2009.

1. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Sega Title Fight - 1991 arcade

PC - Condemned

2. Rozzwell

Rozzwell Active Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Just left a comment on their blog, it is 'awaiting moderation'
    Doubt they'll publish it, can't see any negative comments on their blog.

'You need to improve the games that you've already released.
    So far they have been very poor ports, slow frame rates, bad controls.
    I honestly don't understand why your games have been so successful so far.
    It's as if nostalgia is more important than gameplay.'

3. Rozzwell

Rozzwell Active Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Man I used to love this game. So relaxing.

Sorry if that's not cool.

4. Jengelander

Jengelander Member

Jul 28, 2009
    #44 Jengelander, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    Just left a message on the blog post from Sega, I hope they will listen!

It would buy this version in 1 minute! Just hire this guy to do it for ya! I still did not by Sonic because of the negative reviews, and this Sonic CD port looks like a real gem!

At Sega guys, look here:

http://toucharcade.com/2009/07/28/sonic-cd/#comments
    and
    http://www.christianwhitehead.com/soniccd/view.html

Also any Ecco the dolphin port would be great!

@ Rozzwel: Ecco rules :)

Also Sega or Square Enix made a game for the Megadrive (Genesis), dunno the title but it was with 2 guys shooting stuff like Probotector (Contra). Somebody know that title?!

5. Rhdatz

Rhdatz Member

May 27, 2009
  6. jayminer

jayminer Member

Nov 28, 2008
    I'm pretty sure General Chaos was published by Electronic Arts, so you guys should ask them for that game, not Sega.

I would love to see some RPG's, Skies of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Phantasy Star 1, 2 and 4, Shining in the Darkness, Shining the Holy Ark, the Shining Force-games...

7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    This is what I just posted as a response to the front page toucharcade article:

... I posted on their blog. Gave them a thorough, ol' spiffyone once over. Let them know that they are SEGA (*SEGA screams) and that they are better than what they have shown thus far. That they not only owe it to us, the Sega fans, but more importantly to themselves.

Gave them a clear indication of what needs to be done:

1. Optimize the emulators on which these classic ROMs run. Also let them know we'd like in app microtransactions for other ROMs if possible. We'd also like Master System and Sega arcade (System 16 hardware) emulated classics as well…but the emulators, again, MUST be optimized.

2. NEW, made-for-iPhone/touch offerings. Super Monkey Ball was the first and last from Sega. It sold quite well. Still sells quite well. Since then, nothing new. This is shameful. They don't even have to make new IPs…they can base the new games on older IPs. An all new, original, made-for-iPhone/touch Shining Force game (turn based strategy, like all REAL Shining Force games…I let them know) would be nice.

3. Sega has games for other mobile platforms. They could…y'know…bring those over in optimized and upgraded fashion. SonicJump 1 and 2 would do well, I think, as they're basically PapiJump/DoodleJump…but with Sonic. Sonic Unleashed Mobile, developed by Gameloft, should be brought over as well.

In essence, optimized emulated classics, upgraded ports of Sega mobile games, and all NEW, made-for-iPhone/touch offerings. That's what Sega should be doing. They're the 800 lb. gorilla in the room, and they act like a friggin' mouse.

This is what, I feel, Sega needs to be doing. They need to re-evaluate their entire strategy concerning this platform. No...not re-evaluate...they just need to change it completely. ASAP.

They also need to do the same for the other platforms...and their general strategy in the industry as a whole, but that's for another time. I'll just focus in on the iPhone/touch platform at this point in time.

8. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

9. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    After Burner II
    Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    Altered Beast
    Bonanza Brothers
    Comix Zone
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
    Golden Axe I / II / III (Delete this one and do it again!)
    Out Run
    Quackshot starring Donald Duck
    Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
    Sonic (S) (Delete the one on AppStore and do it again!)
    Streets of Rage (The same as Sonic)
    Toe Jam & Earl
    Castle of Illusion (Disney, must acquire rights....)
    Fantasia (Disney, must acquire rights....)
    Pit Fighter (Tengen, must acquire rights....)

Besides the last three, all the other games are from SEGA itself....I am willing to pay 3 dollars a game if, only if, they change the way they are doing their ports....

Tha is my list, intead of going to the SEGA site and post it ove there, I am pretty sure the power that TA has. So, I am sure EGA will look here too.

Cheers

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Shiren DS 2!

11. Combzzz

Combzzz Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    TOY COMANDER
    the original game for dreamcast, this was my favorite game until my dreamcast broke :(

12. Lockdown.

Lockdown. Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Comix Zone, Vectorman 2, and Kid chameleon

13. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Sonic Rush. Best sonic created.

14. Scottor

Scottor Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Space harrier using tilt to control your guy on screen.
    phantasy star online using 3G as well as Wi Fi.
    strider
    crazy taxi using the idevice to steer
    chu chu rocket using touch to place
    condemned
    shinobi
    Comix Zone
    Toe Jam & Earl

15. Scottor

Scottor Member

Jul 25, 2009
    and House of the Dead series done like Doom.

16. dragmor

dragmor Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Sega should make a remix/refresh of Sega Ninja

17. Lukearcade22

Lukearcade22 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Student/Young Video Game Developer
    United Kingdom
    I made a long formal post on my ideas, i wanted:

Chu Chu Rocket
    Samba De Amigo
    Sonic Rush

and new completely idea:

Chao Garden

I think the Chao Garden app would be awesome :D

18. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    lol

I joined Sega's forums just in time.

I (re)posted my posts from toucharcade and the Sega blog onto their forums proper. And not a minute too soon, as they closed the topic right after I posted.

I hope, sincerely hope, that they take my advice, and the advice of others, to heart. Not just those that listed games they'd like to see, but also those that listed what type of strategy they'd like to see Sega employ in regards to this platform.

I've been a fan of Sega since their Master System. I was one of only two kids in my elementary school who owned both an NES and SMS. And, truth be told, I enjoyed my SMS more (and not just because my brothers and sisters always hogged the NES, leaving me to play with the SMS more often than not). The 3D glasses, IMHO, are still one of the best peripherals ever made. And that first Alex Kidd game, in Miracle World, IMHO was better than Super Mario Bros.

I owned (still own) a Genesis. And a Sega CD. Hell...just bought a CDX as a matter of fact. Didn't own a Saturn until a couple of years ago, but I didn't really own any consoles that gen (as I had gone away from gaming somewhat). But Dreamcast reintroduced me to console gaming. I still play my Dreamcast (Toy Commander FTW!). And all during the Saturn years I was playing the hell out of Sega arcade games every time I went to the movies. Hell, I even owned a Zaxxon board game when I was a kid.

I'm a Sega fan, and I feel they could be doing so much better than they are, and don't understand for the life of me why they apparently don't see it the same way.

19. Ryan el champ

Ryan el champ Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    subway sandwich artist
    chicago
    DR Robotniks mean bean machine pure awesomeness

20. frogtorch

frogtorch Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Guardian Heroes