Help retrieving my lost games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Mhans13, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Mhans13

Mhans13 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Hey, my main computer recently failed and i lost everything on it, including all the songs, movies, and games that I had. I realize that I can redownload everything that I lost for free but this would take forever, plus, due to my location, i have satellite internet and i have a cap on how much i can download a month. So downloading all of this at once would put a serious dent in my monthly allowance and i might even go over and have to pay extra. Now the thing is i still have all of my movies, games, and songs on my ipod, so is there a way to take the stuff directly off my ipod and back onto iTunes so i don't need to actually download everything again. I tried opening up the folders on my ipod but all i can find are pictures. I then set it so i could see hidden folders as well but still no luck. So if anyone could help me come up with a solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I think all you have to do is plug it in and have it sync to the computer. Have you tried that?

3. Mhans13

Jan 7, 2009
    Well im pretty sure that if i sync it its gunna erase what i have now and replace it with what i have on itunes, which is nothing. Cuz rather than just sync it says "erase and sync"

4. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Plug your iPod in and click don't sync. Then on iTunes go to transfer purchases. (it's etheir in the advanced, store, or file tab) click that and it will transfer.
    Note:those will only work if your ipod is plugged in and recongnized by iTunes and it will only transfer purchases for one account)

5. Mhans13

Jan 7, 2009
    thanks for your reply I'll try that tomorrow cuz it's late here and i'm exhausted.

6. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    YEah, usually when a new ipod with new songs is plugged in, it asks me if i want to transfer things on it over to my itunes library.