Help needed for simple iPhone X test

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Vasco, Dec 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Vasco

Vasco Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Male
    Portugal
    Our game, Freeway Fury: Alien Annihilation, just shows a black screen on some devices. We tried a fix, but since we don't have these devices, and the issue doesn't happen in the simulators, we were wondering if someone with either an iPhone X, iPhone Xs or iPad Pro 10.5", could help us by testing the new version on Test Flight.

Just open the Test Flight link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/4H8hzgTE

And let us know if the game launched correctly or not. Additional details, such as if our logo, or the Game Center prompt/notification appeared, are also helpful.

This would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. PewPewOnYou

PewPewOnYou Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    I have an iPhone X, will test, and report.

Vasco likes this.
  3. PewPewOnYou

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    Title screen goes into black screen...game doesn’t load- on iPhone X. I will try it on the iPad 10.5 inch...

4. PewPewOnYou

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    Just tested on iPad 10.5 inch...no title screen-only black screen...game doesn’t load. I hope I was able to be of assistance. I’ll be happy to test the game further once the issues are addressed. If there is anything else I can do for you, please don’t hesitate to ask. Looks like your game could be a lot of fun and I’d like to give it a go.

5. PewPewOnYou

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    Prompt and logo then black screen on iPhone X.
    No logos prompt, only black screen on iPad 10.5”

Vasco likes this.
  6. Vasco

Vasco Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Male
    Portugal
    Awesome, thank you for the detailed report. Strange that the iPad and iPhone have different "symptoms". We're going to try a few more things and get a new version soon, with debug text.

Let me know if/when you have anything you'd like me to give feedback, I'd be happy to.

7. PewPewOnYou

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    My thoughts also on the difference between iPad 10.5” and iPhone X. Not sure if it helps but there was no audio present on either versions.

8. Vasco

Vasco Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Male
    Portugal
    Would you be willing to run the app again, with the device connected to a Mac/Macbook with the console app open, and send me by PM what appears in the log when the app is opened? It's probably faster/easier this way. Thanks, either way.

9. PewPewOnYou

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    Lol! I would but Mac/Mac book I don’t have. But I can definitely rerun. I’ll report through TestFlight..ERC.

10. PewPewOnYou

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
  11. PewPewOnYou

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    iPad 10.5” seems to be working fine now!!!

Vasco likes this.
  12. Vasco

Vasco Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Male
    Portugal
    #12 Vasco, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Ok no problem, thanks for the TestFlight report and screenshot! We just uploaded a new version (1.0.3), with a tentative fix. It also shows some debug text in the splash screen so we can try to determine where exactly it's crashing, if it still is.

The new version should become available in a day or two, after passing Apple review.

13. Vasco

Vasco Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Male
    Portugal
    There's another build available, with another tentative fix and more debug text. Hopefully it will be the last one needed...

14. Vasco

Vasco Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Male
    Portugal
  15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Vasco likes this.
  16. Vasco

Vasco Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Male
    Portugal
    Thanks for testing it. This is interesting, since we were seeing almost all complaints from iPhone X users.

Could you send a screenshot, through TestFlight or here, of the splash screen? There is some debug text that appears that may help.