Help!!! My ipod is dead!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by dannys95, Feb 11, 2009.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #1 dannys95, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
    HELP!! My iPod is dead!! It dropped; not from too high though. I was able to continue using it. Now; all it shows is a white screen. I tried restoring; but it seems my screen is messed up. Is this due to the fall? Can I take it to Apple Store can get it fixed? :(

This video is not mine but it shows pretty much what wrong. The only difference between mine and this video's is that instead of the screen going on and off it stays on and does that flickering thing.

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    As long as your ipod is still under warranty and it's not jailbroken I think they will replace it with a new one. You should always put your ipod in a case when your using it. Just go to the apple store and see if you can get it replaced.

Good luck man.;)

3. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    OK; it's still under warranty; it's not jailbroken (though I restored now again). And it IS in a case. Hope Apple fixes it.

4. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Well, yeah, they should definitely replace it in that case.

5. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Does anyone know if there's a way to fix it at home? Cause I can't go to the Apple Store in a week or two.

6. *Mason*

*Mason* Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Fergie's humps.
    No you have to take it to apple. This happened to my first gen touch and when I went to Apple they told me that there was no way that I could fix it and that they would replace it.

7. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Apple dosent replace for falls, cause its your falt not apples. Soo your screwed soz man

Bottom line:

Apple wont fix cause it wasnt their fault it got dropped

8. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    WRONG...same thing happened to mine and i called apple and told them it just turned on to a white screen and i sent it back they sent me a new one (i didnt tell them i dropped it):D

9. *Mason*

*Mason* Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Fergie's humps.
    Why would you tell them that you dropped it?

10. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    My Friends dog chewed my Iphone bluetooth and left it mangled, I called apple and explained thinking there was no way they were gonna replace it. I brought it in with all the pieces (keep in mind it's only one unit), she looked at it..typed my name in the computer....went in the back and came out and told me to grab a bluetooth box off the shelf so she could scan it and replace it.

I don't no if the fact that I've bought 2 computers, an Ipod and 2 iphones had anything to do with the fact that they replaced it with no questions but it was worth a shot and it payed off.

Apple Store's customer service is top notch...too bad iTunes doesn't reflect the same concern for their parent company.