HELP ME! :) Need a turn based strategy RPG like Brigandine.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mattch91, Oct 23, 2014.

1. mattch91

mattch91 New Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Hi, can anyone recommend a turn based RPG game on iOS that incorporates the gameplay like the oldschool (IMO best game) Brigandine? Brigandine was literally my favorite game. Please help :)

The gameplay would include somewhat

1)hexagonal mapping (a character can be attacked from 6 sides), but 4 sides will do 2) heroes that level up that lead armies - in Brigandine, if the main hero dies, you lose that whole fight/territory 3) troops that can level up 4) spells that heroes and troops can learn as they level up 5) items that your army can pick up 6) conquering a map

It doesn't have to be pvp. Any recommendations would be great!

Many thanks!

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hexmaps seem to be rare these days, I only can think of "Battle for Wesnoth"; and I find that plays much better on a PC than iOS.

Games I can personally recommend:
    - Everything from Mangobile: Tactics Maiden is his newest release, and I absolutely loved it. Played through 2 1/2 times during betatest. For quirky story, I found "Kingturn Underworld" the most fun.
    - Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion and Ravenmark:Mercenaries. First is singleplayer with huge campaigns, second focuses on multiplayer. Both have excellent worldbuilding and storytelling.
    - Heroes of Steel: it's a true RPG, but I found the - admittedly smallscale - combat tactical enough.
    - UHR Warlords : best described as "fantasy chess with neat extras". Not much of a story, and definitely not an RPG, so I don't know if that's down your alley.
    - Everything from Spiderweb Software: more true RPGs, and heavy on story and worldbuilding. Combat ranges from super-easy to teeth-gnashing and hair-pulling ;)
    - Metal Brigade Tactics: good scifi mech squad combat. But no idea if it runs on iOS7/8 as it hasn't been updated since 2011.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Search for Rubicon's games.

4. mattch91

mattch91 New Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I played Kingturn and Tactics Maiden. I don't think the depth in either game is deep enough.

I'm going to keep trying the other games. Brigandine was really one of a kind :\

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not many srpg games on other consoles can top Brigandine's scope, although there are a few that went with more unique mechanics that can be as deep.

On iOS, tis pretty rare though. The best ones are prolly still FFT and XCOM, although there are really good SRPG titles on iOS too, just not as deep as Brigandine.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    OP described "Combat Monsters" from Rubicon very acurately.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Can i haz cookie?

8. jfritz3101

jfritz3101 New Member

Oct 31, 2014

9. jfritz3101

jfritz3101 New Member

Oct 31, 2014
    I cant help you for iphone because im currently on a laptop. was hoping you could help me though ive been searching for 12 years to get that game bacg again. soooo many times I almost bought it for the $100plus on ebay. I have th ePSXe emulator for pc and ive found a ton of sites to download the game but cant ever get it to work past picking my country and difficulty. when it goes to loading it just stops there.... im useless with computers and I know I have to be doing something wron between extracting the file and loading it... let me know if you ever try for it on a pc. my email is jfritz3101@yahoo.... would appreciate any help.

http://coolrom.com/roms/psx/38513/Brigandine_-_The_Legend_of_Forsena.php

a good site to start from for every other ePSXe game... no luck for me