Help me decide plz

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Lingo85, Jun 15, 2009.

?

What app?

Poll closed Jul 1, 2009.
  1. Blue Attack!

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Nanofighter

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Other Space Shooter

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Lingo85

Lingo85 New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hey guys I need some help deciding what app to buy. I'm gonna be away from home for awhile so I'm looking for a space shooter app, but I'm having trouble deciding. Should I get Blue Attack! (I'm thinkin of getting this one), Nanofighter, or some other one? (Please tell what app).

2. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    #2 goldglover411, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
    i like nano fighter but i think that you should take a look at isotope too

3. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
  4. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

Galaxy on Fire?

Add Dark Nova on there as well and you've got plenty of space fun for a long haul.

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    If you want a strictly dual stick shooter, then go with Nanofighter or Light Wars for just shooting action. Isotope would give you the added playability of having ships you can buy and upgrade and is also dual stick.

I would also recommend:
    circuit strike one - this is very well done graphically, but it is NOT dual stick, if you have ever played asteroids, it controls like that, thrust and ship rotation are separate...it is fun and challenging
    kryzer prologue - this is a radial shooter, fun, quick and challenging. Your ship autofires and moves continuously, you control how far in or out from center it is and have to pick up powerups to increase your time on the clock

6. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    I vote nano fighter, its a great game and the dev is awesome. I wrote a review in the user reviews section on it, check it out.

I highly reccomend it.

7. eve444

eve444 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    wow. another of these. It looks like a lot of people are trying to figure out which app to choose when it comes to spaceshooter types.

I prefer Nanofighter because it has no boundaries, it's very clear with graphics and in my opinion very scary enemies, the music is entertaining, and it never gets old! In my opinion you should get it while it's still a dollar, eventhough i would pay more.

8. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Yeah nanofighter was my vote.

9. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    While I haven't played nanofighter I think people aren't giving enough credit to Blue Attack! It was one of the first into the genre and is very well made and fun. There is a campaign and free play, online leader boards, and ship upgrades. I found it to be a great, challenging game and it would be well worth a buck.

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm also going to vote NanoFighter, that's currently my favorite shooter. But Blue Attack! is pretty phenomenal and shouldn't be overlooked, and I think it's a dollar right now if I'm not mistaken. And not to throw any more wrenches in your question, but Anomaly is another top down shooter of the same ilk as NanoFighter and it's pretty great as well. Now that I think about it, I think all 3 are on sale for $1 right now, do yourself a favor and drop $3 on all three! But if you HAD to choose one, I'd probably say NanoFighter.

11. Lingo85

Lingo85 New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Nanofighter?

Do you know if there ship upgrades in Nanofighter or if they will be released?

12. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    PDJ Apps might make ship upgrades, but I doubt it. It's one of the games where upgrading would have a negative effect on high scores, because of the varied options of upgrades.

13. Ooo...shiny

Ooo...shiny Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chemist
    Bay Area