iPad help! is monkey ball worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pami89, Nov 19, 2008.

?

Biiball or monkey ball?

Poll closed Dec 9, 2008.
  1. biiball rocks!

15.8%
  2. monkey ball rocks!

84.2%
  1. Pami89

Pami89 Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Should i replace biiball with monkey ball???

2. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I translate: Should I replace a game with 18 levels which I finished in 20 minutes with a game with 120 levels, which has Nintendo DS quality, is hard and will keep me entertained (or frustrated) for days and weeks?

I'm a bit tired of "should I buy a pizza or a helicopter"-questions ;)

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I never played MonkeyBall, but I have to agree with Oliver. BiiBall could never keep my interest for more than a level. Bootant is great, the dev even enters the forums here a lot, but I didn't really like that game.

4. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    SMG is ana amazing game with outstanding graphics. Once you get used to the controllers, you never look back

5. Googlyhead

Googlyhead Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Different games. Just 'cos they both tilt and feature a ball and .. um.. monkeys ... no. um.. shooting no. um..

They both rock. Just in different ways.

How much is SMB now? Looking it up;
    (£5.99 / $9.99) vs. (£0.59 / $0.99)
    I guess it's kinda hard to justify that premium price for one of the 'older' games at the moment with so many cheap-but-quality items still pouring in. Pity Sega don't seem to believe in discounting older titles or any other sales.

6. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I agree with Oliver except for the "there's 120 lvls in SMB", there's only 110. Also, it is harder than hell to unlock those extra ten levels so u might end up playing only 101 or so...

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    definitely Super Monkey Ball. I reckon it's hard, but very polished and feels like a real console game - not watered down mobile version.

Plus, it's an iPhone classics! :D

8. gusto5

gusto5 Active Member

Sep 23, 2008
    You should replace it sure, but neither of them are really worth it in my opinion.

9. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    SMB wins

For me - SMB no contest, I bought both and SMB is the one I still go back to. So although Biiball was cheaper, SMB has been more value for money. Everything is top notch with SMB - alot of people complain about the controls, but it is just a matter of getting used to them. :)

10. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    Yes, but only if you don't suck at games, it's hard as hell if you don't have patience!

11. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    for me, monkeyball is useless. of course you might be more patient than I am.

at the moment I'm really enjoying bike or die, fastlane, quick draw, TBD2, GForce, and a few other newer games.

12. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I hate both games. They don't do much for me at all and had been deleted long ago.

13. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    MONKEY BALL RULES! I dont know why the itunes reviews are whining about the controls....they seem to want to have to tilt their iphones 90 degrees to make a small turn or something.

14. mrsteveman1

mrsteveman1 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    A compromise would be a lite or demo version, but some devs don't like that i suppose, perhaps it lowers sales if people just want to play a level and quit?