Universal Help! I'm Haunted (by Sky Pirate Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Oct 31, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    If you are interested, check out the gameplay video of this game. ;)

Help! I'm Haunted: iOS / Android Gameplay (by Sky Pirate Studios)

2. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #22 Gambler, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Which mfi controller do you have if I may ask? Got a SteelSeries Nimbus myself and wonder if it may work better with that one or if this is just one of these games that only have limited mfi support (aka not all actions mapped to a corresponding button).

Edit: Took the plunge anyway, the game just looks way too much fun. I’m just at the beginning, having completed two levels mind you but seems as if it’s the same here. The only buttons that work so far are jumping, shooting and the analog direction stick.

Pressing at the controller pause/start button doesn’t register and in all the menus only touch controls work. Guess rolling is unlocked later, not seeing an on-screen touch control button for it either atm. If it won’t work I certainly hope there’ll be an update to add the other basic commands to the mfi controller support.

3. Sky Pirate Studios

Sky Pirate Studios New Member

May 2, 2016
    Game Developer
    Hello everyone! Thank you for the kind words so far!
    Sorry about the limited controller support, we should be able to get pausing and gun swapping working in the next update.
    We are working on controller support for the menus as well for our PC release, but that will take a little longer to finish.
    Please let us know if you have any other suggestions to improve the experience!

proof21, Lull4by, Skall and 2 others like this.
  4. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #24 Lull4by, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    I use Nimbus too :D, rolling is just fast tap the direction you want two times and you will see it, it is easier than in touch control if you try both control methods.

5. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    I think the rolling action in touch control should trigger in slower tapping, it took me a lot of try to do it in touch control, and rolling is really important in the game actually, since the moving speed is not fast enough before the character running.

6. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    #26 se99jmk, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    For me, not sure why, but I didn’t find the controls as easy as Keroblaster.

Could be because buttons are flush with the bottom of the screen, but I ended up with a lot of mis taps.

Separately I accidentally did a roll once or twice, no idea how and gave up trying to retry it!

EDIT - Yup, Keroblaster nails on-screen controls, and pretty sure it’s because buttons are slightly higher on screen.

Was originally confused by the different “weapon” buttons at the bottom of the screen - turns out it’s just different levels of one weapon, though not sure why, as surely only the top level matters? Seems like wasted space for a quick weapon switcher or something

7. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I think the backflip is easier with the nimbus than with touch. (Fwd + double quick jump button)

Lull4by likes this.
  8. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    To roll on touch control in the game now, you need to tap the direction you want as fast as you can, like really really REALLY FAST, if you are shooting in 1 direction, you can only roll to that direction, even you tap the opposite direction is still the same, that is really weird though.

9. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Really? that is good to know, I would try it when I have time definitely, thanks!

10. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hello,
    I spotted a display issue in the shop screen on ipad pro 12,9 inch. Nothing serious but you cannot miss it once u r on that screen~
    Pls have a look ;)

11. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    The movement of the character seems a bit sluggish, and the sprint doesn't really meaningfully alleviate the problem. Perhaps increase walk/run speed and increase sound of character footsteps to as to make it seem like added weight character movement?

There is also some issues with the control layouts, many times jumps or other movements don't register; particularly in the heat of action. Maybe you could increase the size and sensitivity of the buttons?

There were slowdowns on some occasions, most glaringly against the Frankenstein boss. Iphone 6.

The game has great artwork, would have been nice to see a bit more narrative. Also more atmosphere would have been cool, instead of room after room filled with baddies, maybe a silent/empty hallway here and there.

12. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    How do you unlock the last weapon?

13. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

All of these comments make me feel like I should be trying Kero Blaster instead...

14. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Keroblaster nailed the controls, and definitely worth playing - but this is worth the price too!!

15. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Kero Blaster is a work of art.

16. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    This has better controls if you play on Ipad . Arrows are more apart on Keroblaster and you cant move em unless Im missing something.

17. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    But kero blaster has no mfi right?

18. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    No, there is no MFI support in Kero Blaster, which is a big downside to me, still a good game though.

I think if the character moving faster in this game, the control will be better, but I found there are some levels’ design is for running (longer platform), so I think the moving speed will be same.

19. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Ah ok thanks even tho it s a sad news to hear for kero...

20. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Kero Blaster on PS4 is the best way to play this game...