Help getting some mobile apps finished after losing my work after two hurrianes

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by timbojill, Jun 29, 2018.

1. timbojill

timbojill Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Network and Website Administrator, IOS Developer
    Saint Thomas, United States Virgin Islands
    My name is Romeo Roger Richardson. I have been creating mobile apps for the last 5 years. I have created several mobile apps for myself and other groups and small businesses. Becuase of this, I have 5 years of experience creating IOS and Android games. For the last three years, I had several mobile games for IOS and Android In development.

Back in September of 2017, my family home was devastated by Category 5 hurricanes Irma and Maria. During hurricane Irma my MacBook was completed destroyed. During Hurricane Maria, all my backups were lost. I was doing all the work myself. The coding, graphics, marketing, etc for all these games. At this point, the only other backup I have of my work are emails I sent to myself. It will be very difficult to start over from scratch. That is why I created the following Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/RomeoRogerRichardson.

I am hoping to get funding so I can start to rebuild all the projects I had in development. I promise to update everyone on my progress. I just need some seed money to get started. I have been doing everything myself for the last 5 years. The programming, marketing, design, website, etc. It is just too much. I need help so I purchase a MacBook and to can hire a team of people to help make my dreams a reality.

I have several games in development. One is called "Over the Rainbow". The others are called, "Ghost Hunterz", Wild, Wild, Wild, West", "and "JA". These are all working titles. When I first started developing mobile applications I didn't realize how much money was involved. To develop a mobile application on IOS for example cost between 99-299 a year depending on which program you are inrolled it. Then there is a cost for a Macbook. Then you have to teach yourself how to code. Then you have to buy assets. Then you have to advertise. I know social media is free but a website costs money annual and has to be maintained.

2. timbojill

timbojill Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Network and Website Administrator, IOS Developer
    Saint Thomas, United States Virgin Islands
    I am again asking for everyone's support for my Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/RomeoRogerRichardson) fundraiser. I have been a loyal supporter of touch arcade since the beginning. If everyone could share my Patreon link it would greatly help me in my endeavors.