Help A Fellow Hardcore Gamer Flesh Out His Library

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nullroar, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    If you liked N.O.V.A multiplayer, definitely get modern combat 2. It's got ten players instead of 4, with an actual rank/reward system.

I also want to second The Quest and Battle for Wesnoth especially, though there are a lot of good games in this thread.

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Here are the Five I've been obsessed with lately.

Solomon's Keep - mini diablo dungeon crawler clone, random ability upgrades make it challenging, hardcore difficulty is hardcore.

Solomon's Boneyard - Endless mode upgrade of Keep, more spells, items, characters and unlockables, also very challenging, progressive play - you keep gold you accumulate on each play to use for purchases on the next play.

Puzzle Agent - Interesting story, great voiceovers, some puzzles are a bit easy while others are complete braintwisters (especially if you play the game without using hints, which could lengthen its longevity)

Osmos - Another puzzler game, however the style of play is more organic, in both gameplay and graphics.

Bit.trip.beat - If you're looking for a challenge look no more, the levels are completely relentless, you will not be coddled.

3. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    I'm surprised no one added these two yet. You say you're a huge smup fan? Try out the two Cave titles:

Espgaluda II
    Dodonpatchi Resurrection

The two Rocketcat Games titles are simply amazing:

Hook Champ
    Super Quickhook

I second (third, fourth'd?) the recommendation for Phoenix Wright. I played through it once a few years back and replayed it on my iPod Touch after it was released and it's still great. I got two playthroughs out of it (forgot a lot of what happened the first time too, so it was ALMOST like a new game).

There's Banzai Rabbit if you want hardcore Frogger like action. It's currently free too so you should hop on that (no pun intended).

Xenome isn't a bad game. Haven't had many crashes at all on my 3rd gen.

Jet Car Stunts. Great graphics, controls, and it's more of a platformer than a racing title. It's really great.

4. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Rubbing salt in the wound.

I DLed Espgaluda II back when it was what, 4.99? (It did the price drop thing).

Woe unto me, I didn't realize I had DLed it onto the WRONG device! Ipod 2g. Welcome to Failville, population: Me.

Anyohw, I love the style (HUUUUGE Radiant Silvergun / Ikaruga / R-Type / Gradius player. I even have Einhander and Gunstar heroes)...but I'm still pissed about wasting money idiotically for a game on the wrong idevice. I have seperate itunes accounts for my different devices (don't ask), so I dunno. Maybe I'll just get desperate and bite the bullet (hell).

5. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Can't you just log into your 2nd gen account on your 3rd gen account and Dl it from there? I might be wrong though. ALSO, if you want me to remove the sentence up there^, I can if you want. ( Talking to mods)

Meteor Blitz (If you like dual stick shooters)
    rRootage??
    Battle of Wesnoth (If you like strategic TB)
    Red Conquest (If you like RTS)

6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Jet Car Stunts
    Hook Champ
    Super Quickhook
    Rimelands
    Red Conquest

^Must gets^