Universal Hellrider (by Andrey Chernyshov)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 1, 2015.

1. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Today's update added new riders, but I can't figure out how to unlock them..

2. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #42 Eoghann, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Watch an ad. It literally says it next to them when you click on each one. :)

I just unlocked all three.

Heck of an update! Screen rotation, checkpoints, no more pop up ads, three new characters you can unlock by watching an ad per character.

Awesome!

P.S: it's a checkpoint to start from that zone, not to continue your run by the way. The score resets but you start farther in for the checkpoint dropped. You watch an ad to drop a checkpoint.

3. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Oh, thanks for the info! I have ads blocked, so I don't see any message to watch the ads.

Great game, I just wish there was an IAP to disable ads.

4. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Ads ARE disabled. I haven't seen a single automatic ad whatsoever since I updated. Every ad has to be triggered by the user either to unlock a character or set a checkpoint. :)

5. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Interesting, it sounds like a fair monetization system. Thanks again for the info!

6. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah nice update! Ads are only to unlock stuff and to add a checkpoint, popups are gone. And new characters! Whoooo.

The game seems to play better? Or is the scoring system changed? I can get higher scores more easily.

7. deadjam

deadjam Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    The addition of checkpoints helps reduce my frustration at how bad I am at controlling the bike. I'm getting (a bit) better now as at first I gave up after a few goes.

Video ads work well as they are a choice and the annoying pop-ups have disappeared into the dust.

Lastly, I'm enjoying the boss battles now that I figured out what to do :D

8. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    I think you're right. To me it seems the bikes have more grip and control now. Or maybe a different map layout. But it's noticeably easier.

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Nice to see the exploded leaderboard within a week, nearing 100k.

And yep, the scoring system has changed dramatically.
    A combo gives 10 points instead of 6. Since the game gets more hectic in later levels, i can't say if they even add up more when you're achieving a few in a road. The bosses give you 20/40/60 and so on.

Yesterday i made 463 and earned a (for a very short moment) 10th place on the board, today i raised my score to 707, being 6th (for a short moment again, i guess).

This cute labor of love made it into my Top 5 of one-hander games.

PS: for this cutie i even disabled my ads-blocker to unlock the other characters. Obviously the ads pay out for the Dev, since we still have no iap in the game. He's so deserving it, imho!

10. wristtattoo

wristtattoo Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Designer / Developer
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Really impressive use of in game ads with this update. Also find they help give you a break from riding enough to spend longer playing it. Well done Dev!

11. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Wow, great update today! Love the new characters and the shareable snapshots!

12. Just discovered this little gem. Awesome game! The devs in the office are loving it. Really polished and fun gameplay and I love the idea of watching ads for checkpoints.