Universal Hellrider (by Andrey Chernyshov)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 1, 2015.

1. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    OCassional stutters on my air 2 which is unacceptable for such a simple game.

No real progression / customization except for high score chasing.

No option to remove adds (1$ would be nice).

Really good graphics and smooth gameplay most of the time. Nice twists with different directions and viewpoins you drive from. Seems polished and is nice to play but lacks depth, optimization and ad removal so 3/5 for the moment.

2. nickchester

nickchester Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Piling on the "want to pay to remove ads" comments. They're super oppressive and annoying, especially when the game loop starts and ends so quickly (for me at least). Bummer, because I think I love the game, but the video ads are exhausting.

3. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say this, but your device on airplane mode = no ads.

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Totally agree with you. That's the phrase I was looking for. I like being "rewarded for my effort". Lol. That's why I'm not into high score chasers that much. I DO like this one though! Although, Id love to see a shop with new characters, bikes, ect. Who knows, maybe the dev will figure out he has a gem on his hands and update it?

5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    ok, I tried it because I love the art style from the screenshots, but since there's no option to remove ads (as is the first thing I do if I'm planning to spend some time with the game), it's kinda pointless to continue for me. Hope the option to remove ads will be added in the first fix.
    Another thing I noticed is the controls sometimes inverts when you double tap fast and the game didn't recognize it, then when you tap left you're going right and vice-versa. When you double tap fast again, the controls returns to work correctly. It's quite annoying.

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    There is no left and right tapping... Tapping the screen anywhere changes direction.

7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    oh, should be explained more significantly. when you start the game there's "tap here" on both sides of the device. isn't it easier to write just "tap anywhere to change direction"? anyway, doesn't change the fact the ads are intrusive and the option to remove them is a must-have. I'd gladly go back to playing this game when the IAP option is implemented.

8. deadjam

deadjam Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    Like the style of this and the camera angle switch looks smooth and slightly different. It's free, so I'll give it a download but I've been reading the comments on the ads being intrusive, so not looking forward to that - I guess I'll find out soon enough.

9. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I agree, it's a bit confusing. I did the same thing for the first ten minutes.

10. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Haha did same thing.

Can confirm airplane mode is a bypass to the ads. Not really my style but those full screen ones are too annoying.

11. jayzilla87

jayzilla87 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Fun game for sure but sadly no way to remove the ads?!?! Like the rotation of the screen, this adds another layer of welcome 'complexity', the art style is cool too!!

Please make an IAP to remove ads!!!

12. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Did the same... big improvement when I discovered single tap.
    I have to agree with the comments here - overall beautiful artwork, ads are beyond horrible, I think it could use a slight balancing adjustment (going into the super thin areas right off the start, particularly the ice, should be held off until later levels)

13. amaurote

amaurote Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    this is the best app icon I ever seen :)

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Received an email back from the Dev:

I noticed how many people are dissatisfied with advertising, including myself. Already in development update, which will remove completely pop-up ads from the game, and players do not even have to pay for it :) The ads will appear in a different form, view it will open access to bonuses or additional content.
    Best regards,
    Andrey

I don't know if you monitoring this thread, Andrey, but i hope you don't mind me posting this.

Maybe he's not allowed or it's not possible to put an iap in, i have no idea what's the reason...

Myself, i'd gladly pay 2/3/...bucks to have access to all the content, because i won't start to see any commercials in any form.
    On the other hand, some people will enjoy this option probably, mainly because they don't have to pay anything, still. Only my $0,02 cents.

15. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I also think the Dev should be paid if there will be no ads. I felt bad when this happened with Golfinity. A few bucks is always worth a really well done game, simple or not. What is the Dev's email?
    I guess his bonus or additional content idea is good too, but...

16. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    To all the above, agreed. The game needs to welcome people more. If ur gonna throw a F2P out there (and I know this game is awesome and a work of dedication :) ) that will help with reach and accessibility :) I want to see this endeavor succeed. Such an awesome game, and work of dedication

17. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    A nice game. Played and can't put the game down. Congratulations, dude.

18. wristtattoo

wristtattoo Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Designer / Developer
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Now THIS is a rad casual one-finger action game. Even better with an ad blocker!!!

19. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    This is a great game, congrats!! I'm no. 1 in the rankings if you don't count hackers... Love to see different bosses and more customization.

20. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Great one more try game. Becoming my favorite. Sadly no unlockables. Zombie rider and graveyard board. You know. Different riders. Different bikes. Maybe different bosses. Iap is a total fail. Runs good on my iPhone six but stutters on ipad 4. But I'm sure with future updates to look forward to this will stay on both devices a long while. Oh ya cool music and really cool graphics. Please fix ipad 4. Great game devs.