Universal Helix (by Michael Brough)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 15, 2014.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This game is sublime! My other Brough favorite is Corrypt, which I thought was brilliant and I was very proud to finish. Looking forward to the next creation from the mad pixelated genius!

2. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    DITTO!

Already accustomed to his style of graphics and innovative gameplay, this game still blew my mind!

This is my new addiction.

98 is my high score so far, but plan on besting that by a lot!

3. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    LOL! I just jumped 1 point ahead of Terry Cavanagh, with a score of 100 to his 99

4. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    This game needs a sensibility adjust bar

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week nominee...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Helix was nominated for voting in Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week to occur over the next three days. Participants may vote for their favorite release from the week of October 16. Developers may not vote for their own game, voters must be pre-existing Touch Arcade members.

Vote here --> http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3379106

6. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    God I love Michael Brough's games. This year has made me think the ioS golden era boom is over, so happy to get another one with staying power. I put it right up there with forget me not as best high score games.

7. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Just got a 65. It's a great game and I think it's better on iPad as well.

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Yes. To clarify, there is no Portrait option in the game. However, starting a game in Landscape and then turning yr phone to Portrait to play works well.

9. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Addicted!

Highscore - 132

10. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Would love to know the devices for the high scores. On a 4s I've gotten 54 on Brag Mode. Should be getting my 6 by the end of the week. Curious to see the difference.

11. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Damn dude! I just got to 62 and thought that was an accomplishment.. Way to ruin my parade ###.. Awesome job!

12. gizmovex

gizmovex Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Hey Michael great game! However playing it on the iPhone 6 I've suddenly had an issue. Occasionally it is sticking as in not moving however much I move my finger then I die when an enemy hits me. I guess I might have to re install but I'll lose my score I think. Any ideas why is happening?

13. Michael Brough

Michael Brough Active Member

May 5, 2012
    it'll only pick up one finger at a time, are you possibly touching the screen with another part of your hand too?

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #94 Qwertz555, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    On iphone 5s and just got destroyed by "Skynet" with my human 149 points for Gamecenter, damn! Btw, i never start a game before the GC-loggin is done.

Curious, am i the only one that has a few very little, but annoying lags in every single game ?
    Re-installed twice already with the whole procedure-pack, same result.

Edit: phew, my new best 156 is on GC recorded.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I know I'm late to the party... But I was in the mood for a new game, and going through the games on my phone wondering what developer to check out, my eyes went right to 868-HACK... And even though I was under the impression this played like Spirit (which was one of the first iOS games I ever bought, and is still on my device today), I was pleasantly surprised by the modes and mechanics. It's only kind-of like Spirit in that you circle enemies, but it's taken further, and I'm sure there's quite a bit of depth I have yet to see (like most of Brough's titles...).

Anywho... LOVIN it. =oD

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #96 syntheticvoid, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! FIRST PLACE !!! I don't think I've EVER beat one of Andy's scores before (and if I ever did it was before he got serious).

Pretty sure that might be the case here... As such... NUDGE. =oP

**edit**

Oh yeah, I forgot to say: I LOVE THIS GAME! I'm kicking myself for not getting it sooner.

Attached Files:

17. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Nice! On the rare occasions where I've managed to top Andy's score, I felt a true sense of accomplishment. Then I waited for him to notice and promptly beat my score.:)

18. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Nice !

I am late to the party on this as well, just picked it up yesterday and am loving it so far. I was actually sitting on the fence on this because spirit never really clicked with me - I thought it was well done but for some reason I just never got hooked on it, so I wasn't sure whether Helix would be my thing. Glad I jumped in on this, it's different from spirit and I am loving it. Don't think I will be able to catch SV's score though!

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha, thanks. The more I play the more I love it, much like MB's other titles... I wanna see more bosses... If that's what they are, those big guys who appear in the center of the screen...

Gotta keep playing... Get better... =oP

20. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Just scored 81, trying to beat terry cavannah lol