Heliconian - Starship Crew Control

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by polygonplay, Mar 26, 2020.

1. polygonplay

polygonplay Well-Known Member

I'm happy to announce my upcoming indie game: Heliconian - Starship Crew Control. I have been writing some devlog at my website and thought I could share the progress here as well.

[​IMG]

Heliconian is a spaceship crew and time management rogue-like. It's a streamlined space exploration / survival game designed for mobiles first. The game will be available for PC as well, but it was designed from the ground up for mobile devices, especially for phones. I have been developing it for a year now and hoping to release it later this year. Here's the reveal trailer with some game play footage to give you an idea on how the game plays

2. polygonplay

Here you can see the evolution of the spaceship. It started with a set of rooms and their functions. The rooms were sized based on their functions and positioned to locations that make sense. This arrangement is the basis of the design which evolved to the final spaceship on the right. You can read more about it here.

[​IMG]

3. polygonplay

Here are a few enemy designs. At first there will be 20 different standard enemies and 3 boss type enemies. Hopefully I'm able to add more later. You can read more about the project here.

[​IMG]

4. polygonplay

Here is a short clip about torpedo visual effects and camera shake: