iPad HECTOR: Badge of Carnage Ep1 (By Straandlooper)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iVaro, Jun 2, 2010.

1. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Just added a comment at STP.
    Their minus points are a joke!

2. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Review sites seem to be getting a lot less factual as time progresses save TouchArcade. Makes you wonder if they're not getting promocodes or something and trying to bash devs for their otherwise fantastic games.

Or in the case of Theappera, which glorified Iron Man 2. Whether they receive promises of exclusive sneak peeks if they doll up trash.

3. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

I still haven't seen anyone answer the question previously posed:
    When episode 2 comes out, will it be an in-game purchase, a free update, or a separate app all on its own? I need to know! x3

4. articulate

Apr 10, 2010
    No clue there, but I'm hoping it will either be an in-app purchase or a free update. Don't quite like having a separate app. That said, I wouldn't mind paying full price for the next episode if it has this same trend of excellence.

5. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Agreed, even though I haven't bought it yet. The videos and commentary alone are enough to make me consider buying it, but some info on the future episodes' availability would probably seal the deal for me. :) I'm waiting it out for the time being. I can only hope it doesn't get pulled for suggestive content... Daisy Mae made it back to the app store, so I'm hoping Apple learned their lesson and aren't so hasty to rob us of one of the first "half-decent" games I've seen in a while (as quoted by OP).

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    The more I play, the more I love it. The more I love it, the less I want to stop playing.

7. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    Over use of uk slang? It's a big part of the game, plus it's a dialect so real people do speak like that.

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    It could mean that people who aren't familiar with British slang might not know what the characters are on about. Not sure, but might be.

9. articulate

Apr 10, 2010
    I never heard of this game prior to this thread. I didn't even know such a game was in development. The devs seemed to be pretty tight-lipped about it, and even after heading over to their site. It doesn't show any information about the next possible episode.

10. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

#110 ScottColbert, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
    Does anyone put any worth in what STP has to say about anything anyway?

Now that I have that out of the way. Downloaded this today after staying away from downloading anything new for about 3 weeks, and what a way to get back into OCD downloading! I cannot think of one single thing that's a negative. Not even the fact there will be other episodes. The humor, art, controls reek of perfection. This is well worth replaying just to listen to all the dialog over and over again.

I effin' love this game.

11. o0Autumn0o

o0Autumn0o Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Accountant
    Sheffield

You had me at bugger, the northerner in me awoke! Buying now :)

12. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    How do I get out of the cell thingy? - I can't get the paperclip. :'(

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Take a look earlier in this thread -- that one has already been answered. For future reference, there's a spoiler's thread in the Game Discussion section. We're trying to keep this thread as spoiler free as possible.

14. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Alright thanks Zero. :D

15. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    I like the look of this, I'll probably get it. Sigh, so many great games, so little money.

16. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Well I can only assume there are more to come since there is an "Ep1" in the app title... Unless, of course, they're one of those developers that give the first episode, get bored, then quit. I hope not, but you never know.

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Just got home from a twelve hour shift and read this thread. It really helped forget about crap hearing you guys laughing about this incredible game. Then I double tapped on the toilet. I don't wanna say what happened but, yeah, this games gonna get pulled! :D

Okay, I'm up to getting the keys to the squad car. If anyone is having trouble, double click on everything. Question, can I use an object more than once? I think not. And can anyone tell me how far through I am? Half way? Third?

This game is righteous! The only thing thats gonna save it is if Apple has a sense of humor.

18. Camaro8

Camaro8 Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Ok...I have read some real good things about this game from you guys...I want to buy and can buy it but it's kinda big so if I do get it a few apps have to get removed from my Iphone. My big question to all that have played this game.." How is replay value for this game"..?...I know about all the funny stuff...but replay is the key for me. Does the game change any the second go round?...

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    You're still at the police station? You're really just starting.

BTW, you find dirtier things in the dumpsters of GTA:CW.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    It's an adventure game: of course it doesn't change. You may have missed a few jokes in the first play-through, so it might be worth it to you go over it again, but it will be the same game.

Have you played a point-and-click adventure before?