iPad HECTOR: Badge of Carnage Ep1 (By Straandlooper)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iVaro, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Me too, but I dont see it happening very soon :eek:

2. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Do yourself a favor and don't wait, you're missing on one of the best adventures on the iDevices

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Any news on this? Insta-buy as soon as it's released.

4. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    #224 theblackw0lf, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
    I don't know if it's a sure thing or not, but according to this Telltale is partnering up with the developers of Hector to not only release Hector on the Ipad, PC, and Mac, but also to release TWO new episodes.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=2213&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AdventureGamersNews+%28Adventure+Gamers+News%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

edit: yep two new episodes confirmed

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1150947p1.html

More Hector: Badge of Carnage: The first episode of Hector, a mature, gritty point-and-click adventure, was released independently by developer Straandlooper on the iPhone last summer ( IGN gave it an 8.5). Telltale is partnering with Straandlooper to first bring Episode 1 to iPad, PC, and Mac this spring. Two more Episodes will be released later this year.

5. Hector

Hector Member

Jun 1, 2010
    HECTOR Episode 2 & 3: We Negotiate with Telltale

Alright, some of you coachpokers out there have been making wild speculations about the whereabouts of the Hector Dev Team. Let us begin by setting the record straight: they're not dead, they haven't shoved off to the Caymans with your £2.39, and there is absolutely no truth to the rumour that they're being held at knifepoint by any of the special interest groups that we may or may not have offended during the making of Episode 1.

Here's the latest plot twist in the epic of my life...

Straandlooper and Telltale Games are teaming up to complete the Hector: Badge of Carnage series, kicking of Spring 2011 with a multi-platform re-release of Episode 1, followed by Episodes 2 and 3 later this year.

So sit back, grab a cherry bakewell and sink yourself into some other plotless, high-budget, new release frag-fest as the Dev Team works well past your bedtimes to deliver something extra special to further disappoint you all.

Oh, and for the love of all things smothered in sweet chilli sauce, will all you cobjockeys who thought you'd rate me one-star on the App Store in some sort of lame protest (which, honestly, had all the effectiveness of holding your breath until your face turns blue), kindly go replace them with a decent rating otherwise I’ll have to come round to your cardboard box with some motivational tools such as a gift-wrapped truncheon and some ravenous police dogs. Nobody wants that. Believe me, I've been there.

Dream the dream.

D.I. Hector.
    Clappers Wreake Police Service

6. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    nice post Hector !

informative and to the point.
    oh though to be honest you could force the rich lot with their ipads to wait and get on the with Episode 2 first......oh hang on i see the contradiction in that statement now !

7. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    still waiting for ep. 2. is it ever going to be released?

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Finally picked this up the other day since I was craving a little point-and-click action while waiting for PA2 to release. And I gotta say, I am having a BLAST playing this. So fun!!!! :D Can't wait for Ep 2 & 3.

9. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Jesus... Just found out ONE guy did all the voice acting for the characters in this game. Did not expect that.

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
  11. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Does anyone have an idea why this game is so space-consuming? 550mb+ packed? I'm guessing that's like at least 700mb unpacked. Is it the sound files? Not sure if my 8GB device can even fit this game but looks good.

12. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Whoa, done. Some stiff competition in that category, though. Still definitely has the vote from me, hands down.

13. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Did anybody try this game on ios 9?
    i have it on my 6s 9.0.2 the game works fine but with no sound at all, the same if for other 2 episodes
    i hope someone solves this issue

14. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #234 Son of Anarchy, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Whoa, this is a blast from the past! Forgot all about these games, thanks for reminding me. Redownloading them now to try on 9.1 Will report back the results.

Edit: Just like all the other Telltale games, iOS 9.1 seems to have fixed all the audio glitches they were having.

In short, Episodes 1, 2 & 3 all work fine on iOS 9.1 However the SD versions arent optimised for the iPhone 5 or 6 nor would I ever expect them to be.

15. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    #235 bebo_beta2002, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    awesome , so u mean all work with sound but there's problem with tapping or playing the game maybe? cause HD versions work fine for me but the only issue is the sound
    it seems am gonna update sometime soon to 9.1
    i forgot to mention that puzzle agent 2 also has the same issue too
    game plays fine and all but the only problem is the sound but puzzle agent 1 works awesome in all means, if u can can u try puzzle agent 2 to make sure it's os problem?
    i tried both sd and HD versions of puzzle agent 2

16. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    Guys did anyone try this on ios10?
    Does it fix audio issues presented on ios9?

17. ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I have the same question. It's still available on the App Store; I just don't know if it will actually work on my device!