iPad HECTOR: Badge of Carnage Ep1 (By Straandlooper)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iVaro, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Thaurin

Thaurin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I agree. It looks pretty good on iPad. Of course, I still wonder what it would be like with hi-res graphics and I hate black bars. But until we get an iPad version, this will have to do.

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Steady on, the first one hasn't even been out a week. ;)

3. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Didn't you hear? @dihector is stuck with a hangover in a crappy motel in San fran! So no new episodes for a while yet!:)

4. Hector

Hector Member

Jun 1, 2010
    All Points Bulletin

Hey kiddies. Glad you're loving my adventure.

You guys have really pushed the boat out for my game, so I feel like I owe you something. So here's how I'm gonna even the score.

@simonpegg (you know the guy, played Yoda in the recent Star Wars remake) is just looking for app recommendations. Fire a couple of "OOOH @simonpegg You should check out Hector: Badge of Carnage Ep1 because it's so hilariously funny I had to change my trousers plus it looks nice." Think that's about 140 characters.

Anyway, do that, and we'll call it even.

D.I. Hector
    Clappers Wreake Police Service

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    done! :)

6. dk79

dk79 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    #186 dk79, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    Game Impressions

What an amazing game!
    I'm not a adventure fan. I've played a few but I usually get bored halfway through.
    But with hector that didn't happen. Maybe it was because it was short but I think it's the fact that it has amazing funny stuff happening every second, high production values that don't allow you to get bored. And let me tell you I enjoyed the cut scenes for the important parts of the game. Extremely nice addition.
    It has all the right ingredients at the appropriated doses.

It's a shame I finished it in just 2 days but on the other hand I don't mind. It was funny and I enjoyed it a lot.
    I got stuck only once and that was only for one game session.
    All of the times the puzzles had a logical solution (crazy in a real world, logical for a game world).
    It was something you would expect and you couldn't help but laugh with the solutions. Just a few of the highlights. The kids at the park getting high, bringing down exotico, getting you car started, the list goes on and on...

Very well done. Waiting now for episode 2.
    Note to the developers. Take your time guys. We don't want a rushed game. We need it as good as this one!

EDIT: Also the app never crashed on me once! I was shocked to hear that people where having a lot of crashes! It was rock solid for me. Maybe it's a specific device issue? I own a 3gs. Maybe it crashes on older hardware?

7. estyst

estyst Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Poland
    I love this game :D It's on par with the best adventure games I have played so far. The only thing is... it's a bit short. I would love to have longer story or at least know when next episode will be out ;)

8. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    Version 1.1.2 is out
    What's new:
    1. NO MORE CRASHES EVER! Well, no guarantees of course, but we found the bit that was causing trouble for most of you. I've reprimanded the tech monkeys for you, so you don't have to. Smile knowing some of them are still crying days later.

2. AUTOSAVES ALL THE BLEEDIN' TIME NOW. Hector used to save game only on exit and room changes, but (obviously) can't save on crash. The mend above eliminates 95% of reported crashes, but not much we can do about random gremlins. So, now you gots more checkpoint saves. Plus, if you're really paranoid, the game saves on demand whenever you hit pause/map (icon in lower left).

3. WORKS ON 3.0 PHONES. That's for you, touchArcade guy! Aw, here's a tissue. There there, it's alright now.

4. Made one other thing easy to understand (you guys who've finished the game know what I'm talking about).

9. DarkeMage

DarkeMage Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    High School
    Sydney, Australia!!!
    Will this be going on sale? If it isn't gonna have a sale for a while, I'll pick this up right now.

10. Esner

Esner Member

Jan 31, 2009
    David Bowie

With the look of Hector, I wonder if a soundtrack inspired by a David Bowie song would be appropriate ...
    ;)

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Good god, this is the most badass thing I've player In a while. As far as interactive text games go, this can even rival Phoenix wright. Hats off to the devs, this is freaking brilliant.

12. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    It'll probably get a sale eventually, but why wait!? Get it now.

13. annpoter

annpoter Active Member

Jun 22, 2010
    still waiting

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    wow stop waiting, this is really the best interactive text game ive early played. it's just pure fun.

15. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    yeah buy it now so they have more incentive to do the next part :)

16. DarkeMage

DarkeMage Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    High School
    Sydney, Australia!!!
    Nooo!! I wasn't paying attentionwhen I bought Assassins Creed, Brothers in Arms 2 and NOVA, and now I don't have enough money! GRahh!! *rips hair out*

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    We'll cut ya some slack cause those games are on sale but this game is insane! Chocked with filthy goodness that will leave you wondering, "How did this get approved?"

18. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I think that since I've beat the game I've yet to post in this thread so I just wanted to say the game was fantastic. I loved every minute of it and I played through a couple times now.

I can't wait for Episode 2. :D

19. Watson

Watson Active Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    This was a really fun (and funny) game. The puzzles weren't particularly complicated but the tone and attitude was fantastic. I loved the dialog with the kids in the park. LOL.

Hopefully the next episode will keep to the same high standards. And hopefully it is released soon!

20. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Wonderful game, this. Congratulations, developers. And to anyone holding off for a sale, seriously, this game is well worth the asking price & if you're looking for a quality game, then just give your support and buy it now. You won't regret it.

Devs, if you need any Australian voice actors in future episodes, drop me a message! :)