Universal Hectic Space 2 (By James Swiney)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jswiney, Jan 28, 2016.

1. jswiney

jswiney Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah the green powerups only last for a short time, but they stack. So if you collect every single one you should be able to maintain 2 active weapons, if you miss one your still ok, if you miss 2 your in a bit of trouble :p. When you unlock the yellow (rare) powerups its possible to get 3 weapons active at once!

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I left a nice 5 star review on the AppStore. Thank you for the answers. Now it makes sense. I'm trying now to make it to that third boss. Lol. It's intense!

How far have you made it? And yea I know you made it but I'm sure you just played it like the rest of us. I'm curious to know how far you get?

Billy

3. jswiney

Patreon Bronze

Nov 12, 2012
    Thanks so much for the review, it is very much appreciated!
    So after the 3rd boss, you fight the same three again but they are much harder (have more life and firepower). I have beat the 3rd boss for the second time so 6 bosses altogether but I can't consistently get there. My usual game goes to about the 4th or 5th Boss.

However other players have gone much further than me!! It does get a bit easier the more powerups you unlock.

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #24 LordShad0wz, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Well the game definitely deserves more attention than it is getting. I do understand that is subjective but when you actually play the game and make it to the bosses you understand. The artwork is just really awesome.

I hope it is successful enough for you to expand it more with more bosses and maybe more ships. Heck you should make some mini bosses for half way through. Maybe just miniature versions of the big ones. Maybe the new ships could have some sort of passive bonus like a low powered magnet or something. I'd definitely consider another IAP for this type of ship.

Also would it be possible to put a visual queue of when the green power ups are going to run out and how many power ups we have active? It would really help. Maybe something small at the top of the screen.

And as to it getting easier, lol you are funny. I purchased the 4 hearts at start and the extra continue and I still barely make it to the second boss lol. I am working my way down the unlocks though so we shall see.

Billy

Edit- HA I made it to the 3rd boss! I don't want to give any spoilers but I love what it transforms into lol.

5. jswiney

Patreon Bronze

Nov 12, 2012
    Nice one! 3rd boss is definitely the hardest but you'll get it!
    I am actually working on an update at the moment which will add another boss and a couple of new game modes.

Boss rush & Hardcore mode - each with their own leaderboards.

Not sure on timeframe but it's not too far away, the boss is coming along nicely.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #26 LordShad0wz, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Post edited. Please see Hectic Space 1 thread. I don't see a way to delete this post in the app.

Billy

7. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    A Yo Billy!!!!!

This iz one that i wanted to wait on updating till you got a shot at it 1zt.
    Stop playin wit ya socks 4 a min and get over here

8. jswiney

Patreon Bronze

Nov 12, 2012
    A Huge update just came out today for Hectic Space 2.
    Including a brand new epic boss battle (when music attacks!).

2 new game modes :
    - Hardcore Mode! 1 Life, no continues and a new leaderboard.
    - Boss Rush! Fight only the bosses one after the other, new leaderboard.

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    With the update I've noticed a bug. If you scroll down, even though I paid for all of the unlocks everyone of the heart unlocks is unlocks is unlocked except the first one. It should be but it won't. So I'm not getting my full potential.

I still love this game so much. I love playing it. I wish more people would pick this up. It's really a fantastic game and it's so worth the small asking price. Look at all this time after release and I'm still rocking this game!

Billy