Heavy mach 3 idea for iPad

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tavoss, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I picked up HM 2 today. never played the original, but after only a few mins of play I fell in love with the game. After a few more mins I had an idea of what they could do with an iPad specific version.

The game could focus on a Squadron of say 6 Machs rather than just a singular. And you control the Squadron as a whole. You can choose the formation (which could give defensive/offensive bonuses). The squadron could be broken down into fireteams. which you could then order off in a flanking maneuver. So at most you only be controlling 2 to 4 actual fireteams or the whole sqaudrons(you can break off just one fireteam and leave the rest of the squad or all four).

Some machs could be support machs or defensive machs with shields or something.

Perspective would stay the same as in HM2 as would the scale. so we could see a larger amount of the battlefield making it easier to maneuver your units.

Game mechanics would stay the same with equiping your machs or you could buy 'template' machs and maybe buy pilots for them with special abilities. Anyway, thats my idea.

Please leave the iPad bashing and hating out of this thread please, I'm only interested in feedback about the idea. Thanks