Universal HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS - (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 28, 2014.

1. yury1975

yury1975 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    #81 yury1975, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Few questions regarding the game mechanics rather than hate/love discussion:

1. You can promote unit only when he achieved 15 lvl (even if i have collected all necessary items), right? Will unit receive better statistics or skills after promotion or the only benefit is the increase of the max level cap to 25?

2. Training of units sacrificing other units or xp items seems incredible expensive and doesn't makes sense at all (e.g. upgrade the unit from lvl 6 to 7 required about 50K gold, that is ridiculous). It seems that the only reason for training is skill upgrade (that seems quite powerful). Or do I missed something?

3. How to identify the race of the unit (since some skills reference to specific race)?

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    As far as I can tell, the only way is by seeing what they look like, it isn't indicated anywhere in their info or anything like that.

3. yury1975

Mar 31, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    #83 yury1975, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    4. Is there any way to see in advance before training if your skill will be upgraded and what will be its next level upgraded skill effect ?

4. yury1975

Mar 31, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    Does only me consider current PvP league rules as full bullshit? Your trophies depend on only the number of your played games, and not your skills. You don't have any negative consequences when you loose the game, and even worse - even when you loose the game you progress the ladder. It's ridiculous.
    :mad:

5. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    I am really liking this, I don't really understand the criticism as HS seems to get a free pass on their p2w policy, and if you don't think HS is p2w then try playing without spending money.... same thing here, the more you spend the better chance of rare cards...

Anyway back OT.. I really like the art style, think the sounds could be better and the fighting animations could do with being better when you do a special move

6. FateRiddle

FateRiddle Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    So, think of this game as a hearthstone copy. But one thing I find amusing is it gives big advantage to the defense side! It does not encourage you to put minions on the board at all, cuz when it walks into attack range, the defender always get a favorable trade. I wander where this leads? Does it lead to the fact of P2W?

7. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    So sadly this has become a p2w PVP game??? God I wish I had an IPA or better phone so I could play vainglory.... If I am wrong about it please let me know, otherwise out me to some fast paced PVP action!!!!

8. angelflames1337

Feb 24, 2010
    #88 angelflames1337, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    About the complains of this game IAP:

I play two biggest games with IAP in West and East, Monster Strike and Hearthstone, and not spent a single dime, and still having fun and able to compete.

If implemented correctly, IAP is just a to speed up your progress, which I considered cheating. I rather take my time and do everything slowly and have fun. What this game need is good farmable unit, like Monster Strike where all the best unit are farmable. Farmer Giles in current event is a good start.

9. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    Secret of Mana crossover

[​IMG]

Managed to pull Primm in my first pack

[​IMG]

10. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yeah, downloaded this as soon as i read there's going to be FF crossovers also (hopefully Tactics too)

11. bananaslappa

bananaslappa New Member

Jan 31, 2016
    CPT12A86637 add me momy

12. bananaslappa

bananaslappa New Member

Jan 31, 2016
    CPT12A86637

to banana the apple