Universal HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS - (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    I totally agree. first try the game and then express your opinion but unfortunately they never do it =/

2. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    so is it possible to play this game and use its cash shop if im living outside of us/canada?

i know i can make a canadian itunes acc, but i dont think i can use a credit card if im located somewhere outside of it

3. bolony

bolony Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    You need to have a credit card linked to those regional accounts to buy anything, so no, you won't be able to for now. Once the game is released in your region, you can switch your App Store account over before launching the game and purchase items that way.

As far as the game goes, it's good so far. I've gotten up to level 8 and haven't encountered any pay-walls yet. There are A LOT of units in this game and I'm eager to see what kind of strategies will develop once I can flesh my team out.

4. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded it last night! I played for about twenty minutes and it's actually quite good and addicting in a way. I'll play some more and see how it goes.

5. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    The problem is that they *think* they have an actual opinion on the game since they have a set of biases against particular game *features* and the game possesses the features they are biased against. However, in the absence of a reasoned and specific argument in regards to how their implementation affects the title, the following *observations* are NEVER substantiated critiques about a game:

- It's freemium
    - It has timers
    - It has IAP
    - It's online only
    - It's from <publisher / developer>

These are features that may not be your thing, but these people kidding themselves that their not liking games with timers is any different than someone else not liking racing games is beyond tiresome. Most of these people crapping all over the first part of nearly every single thread (since nearly every game violates one or more of these oft repeated tropes) wouldn't think to post in every RPG thread how much they hate RPGs and wish the dev had made a cave shooter instead.

Mods could almost delete the first 48 hours worth of posts sight unseen from every thread for a free title (or cheap with IAP) without worrying about removing anything of substance or of any aid to people seeking information.

6. DeMoNiCxTuToR

DeMoNiCxTuToR Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    After playing the game for ~1 1/2 days I can give a decent assessment. Game gives a decent amount of currency for Pulls. Every mission rewards 2 Gems, which 5 is needed to for a Pull. Surprisingly, you can accumulate them fairly quick and I'd suggest saving for the 45 Gem Pull for 10x saving you 5 Gems.

Rarity of cards doesn't matter TBH, it's all about just a good composition in your team. I have a ton of Super Rares & Rares and the majority of my team is actually made up from Uncommons & Commons.

[​IMG]

I haven't spent a dime. All these cards are either from Pulls from the Gems earned in game or from Drops earned in Missions.

7. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Definitely agree. I haven't spent any $, have only gotten a few stages past the first story arc and I have 2 legendarys and a bunch of rares/super rares. Currency and pulls are pretty generous. Best of all though, is the fact that balancing seems pretty solid. I find that many 1 and 2 stars fit better in my current deck than simply blindly dumping all my rarest units in. Many units have worthwhile synergy to take into account, as well as the base cost which needs to be taken into account. A squad of all 4+ cost units likely would get swamped pretty fast versus a squad of cheaper units.

I do wish the map interface was a bit more clear. I find myself sometimes searching for the next mission or bonus missions, but the gameplay itself is a lot of fun. Probably one of the most enjoyable free games I've played in a while.

8. DeMoNiCxTuToR

Nov 22, 2013
    Ditto there also. Been awhile since I've actually played a good game on IOS. ATM they seem to be having server issues or its just a plain bug. Some battles involve disconnects and the App shutting down.

9. DeMoNiCxTuToR

Nov 22, 2013
    For those interested in playing this little gem of a game , I'll offer some tips:

1. You can only have a total of 10 Mana during a battle which includes the cost of the Units on the board and in your reserve. You can not gain anymore Mana until a Unit dies.
    2. You can upgrade Skills by Training a Unit with the exact same Unit.
    3. After you Promote a Unit, it upgrades the Rarity.
    4. Promotion Materials are obtained from Dailies.
    5. You can only have 3 of the same Unit in your Squad.
    6. You can change your Commander Skill in the Squad Edit Screen. Button is located in the Upper-Right of the Squad Screen.
    7. Units that have Protect, reduce damage by 2.

10. Sikuzo

Sikuzo Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    #30 Sikuzo, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    I played this for 3-4 days and I find that the game's leveling system is kind of broken? Using supplies/energy to play a mission is commonly found in freemium games like this, however winning 2 or 3 missions always have enough experience to level up which refreshes my supplies. I can play an hour straight without even having to stop and wait for it to refill.

Edit: uhh never mind maxed level is at 75, can't level up any more, got to wait for refill.

11. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Why it needs to make unnecessary connections on every single move??? Avoid cheating or what? I'm play but you keep pump up "lost connection" on every single move I made, is a bad bad user experience and frustrated... Sigh~

The game should called LOST CONNECTION

12. DeMoNiCxTuToR

Nov 22, 2013
    Yeah, they really need to fix their servers. I've got disconnected more times than I've been actually been able to play in the last few days.

Also, is it me or the drop rates off? I never get what they state as the rewards.

13. Sikuzo

Sikuzo Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    The drop rates are definitely buggy and off(I also rarely get what it states in the rewards though it does drop but at a very low rate), even the experience bar is buggy.

The game is in soft launch and has ton of bugs. Thankfully the gameplay still works fine other than the stupid broken connection it has.

14. DeMoNiCxTuToR

Nov 22, 2013
  15. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    While that may be true, your last sentence is so out of nowhere and incongruent to the rest of the post, I had to laugh :D

16. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    So is the game worth playing now?

17. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    This is my biggest problem with the latest mobile games. With SE's other games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest, I can at least backup my saves and know I can play them on devices years to come. If I put time into this, it'll just feel pointless to me.

19. Shirika

Shirika Well-Known Member

yes its awesome. go play it