Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woohoo Just pulled off a close win with my Warrior vs a Mage deck online!

Her setup was a rush deck with lots of efficient weenies and early on i was getting pummeled til i was dropped down to 2 life.

My skill Armor Up kept me alive til i slowly dropped to 2 hp, when i drew a Shield Block (gain 5 armor and draw a card), which i casted into another shield block, allowing me to setup defenses to overcome the weenie rush!

Without a doubt, Shield Block was my MVP. Felt epic in that game with my oppoonent at full HP and winning while I was at 2 hp! :)

Now that my Warrior's level 10, time to move on to the next class to get to lv10... Warlock maybe? Been really interested in his kit.

2. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Tried adding you but it says that i need to enter either a BattleTag or an email address.

Try adding me instead... Battle tag: Psience

Anyone else want someone to play with feel free to add me too. Just let me know if you do. :)

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Whats the best faction to start with if your going to play a fair amount but not buy IAP?

My blizzard name is ArtNJ if anyone wants to add me.

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im assuming you already have access to starter decks. :)

It'd be better to choose a class when you have levelled each one of them up to level 10 to be able to see what cards they receive as bonuses during level ups.

That way, you'd also be able to determine the playstyle you feel works best for you.

Anyways, from my little experience...

Mage is easy to start out with because of her ability to deal 1 damage to any target for cost of 2. From her starter and common cards, she can either go the minion-heavy strategy while using spells to clear the enemy's board as much as you can, or she can go with a control deck with a lot of spells and Spell Damage+ minions and a few fat minions as her finishers.

Same strategy can be said with the Warlock, which makes him the deck somewhat easy to play as well. That said, his hero power Life Tap is pretty powerful, but correct use of his hero power will take a bit more knowledge of the game to risk losing 2 life for a card draw. The decision to use that hero power becomes a bit more difficult as the game goes on when you have lesser hp.

Other classes require a lot more deeper strategy involved for new players to get familiarize with. Im not saying Mage and Warlock are easy to master, they are just easier to get into the game with with a more straightforward approach to things.

That said, Mages and Warlocks also have deep strategies involved once you know how to play them :)

5. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada

6. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I've been playing for months. I only play a few games a day. I've spent $3 and have 4 legendaries.

7. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    When you build your decks, do you tend to max out the cards you put in (2)?

8. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    They really need to bring this to iPhone. I want it so bad...

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    It is. Just in second half of year.
    The polish on this is amazing particularly the opening cinematic. But a stuttering ipad 2 takes away a little from that.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Depends on the cards, and the deck. Or the most obvious, if i only have a 1-of.

One example is Darkscale Healer. I had 2 before, but there's not a lot of situations where i actually have more than 1 minion to heal up, so that i get a "2-for-1" for the ability.

Another example is Archmage. His Spell Damage+1 is nice, and usually stays in play for a few turns more than the weenies that have the same ability do, but he cant be online early on when i need it most for board clearing in my mage deck, where the the weenies with Spell Dmg+1 actually are more useful.

11. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    I think you really need a retina screen because its a different world.

12. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Anyone tried syncing this game to iPhone/iPod? ;)

13. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    What is the point of adding friends if all games are randomly chosen?

Please add me as well, just in case I'm wrong. My Hearthstone ID is also RLennon. Thanks

14. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Ability to chat and challenge friends (Dekstop version, haven't downloaded iPad version yet).

15. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    The battle tag should have #XXXX (4 numbers) after your name Psience. Something like Psience#1234.

16. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    So like this summer?

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah... That makes sense, LOL.

If anyone wants to add me, my battle tag: 1967.

18. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I'll add you up later, Im from the PH too! Savant#1774 :)

19. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Should be Psience#1967. Adding you. =)

Adding you also. =)

20. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    You can duel with friends.. Though there's no quest or gold gained and just xp..

You can practice and test your decks.. Most special the experimental ones..

In the future there will be an adventure mode.. Maybe it can be a factor.. Who knows.