Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    If you think of it this way, you can earn and then spend 100 gold to open up a card pack. Or, you could wait a little bit longer to get 150 gold and then enter the Arena. I lost all three arena matches today and came out with quests completed (got gold), a hero leveled up (gained cards) and a prize of 60 gold and a card pack. Overall, it gave me more "stuff" than just buying a pack, plus I was playing in a fun and challenging competition that forced me to play with cards and a hero I hadn't considered before.

2. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Exactly. You're often working towards your daily goals in the arena, which I use to get back in the arena. I also like trying out legendary cards you might not have even seen yet. Gives you an idea what you might want to craft later.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Loving the game so far, I swear most IOS games don't hold my attention for too long of a time but this one makes an hour lunch break feel like 20 minutes.... :cool:

4. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Yea but for the first time it is generous. To be worth it you will need 3 or more wins in arena and maximum is 12 wins

5. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    No, look what I said. I LOST all three Arena matches. I got no victories, and I got all that stuff. See? I spent 150 gold to earn a pack, 60 gold and then however much I won from quests. I now have 140 gold in my bank and will be ready for another Arena tomorrow. I would think that playing in the arena will get very close to earning back what you spent plus more.

6. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    #106 tabs, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    If you get 7 wins, you can get approximately 150g. So the goal is to get 7 wins in Arena for sort of a 'free' pack. 5 wins will get you 100g. At 12 wins, the most I saw is 500g and or 2 packs and 150g. You can also get dust, and normal/golden cards.

You can try arenavalue.com for a guide to drafting or google AntiGrav1ty's Arena Draft Tiers.

EDIT:

Basically, if you do not want to spend money and get cards, the idea is to get 7 wins in Arena constantly, which is hard. Other than the daily quest of 40g, 60g, or 100g, you can aalso get 100g per day for winning 30games. 3 wins = 10g.

So if you are good with Arena, you can get unlimited packs (as your time allows). But if you just do quest and some casual playing, then thats about 1 pack a day for you.

7. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    I am so happy this is out on iPad! Now, I just need Card Hunter to come out on iPad and my life would be complete.

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

#108 andsoitgoes, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    Is anyone else having problems getting through "practice" mode?

I keep getting an error saying I'm not online. Seeing as I'm writing this from the device in question, I'd have to say it's a server issue. I wish this didn't have to have a constant connection, as I had to redo the first tutorial battle 3 times because I had to walk away, and when the screen turns off so does the connection.

Okay, so I restarted and all is good now!

God this game is good.

This + FTL + Waterdeep + Threes = why would I need anything else?

9. ibMurph

ibMurph Active Member

Sep 24, 2013
    This game looks so amazing on my iPad Air. So freaking sexy. A world better than on the laptop I was using before. So pumped.

10. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I wish... i had an iPad :l

11. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    They are working on iPhone and android versions now.

12. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    #112 falco, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    It is normal if you are beginning but if you do 3 wins or less in 3 arena run I don't think you will have much gold left.
    When I started playing Hearthstone I had so much gold with quest and reward but it won't last long if you buy packs or if you lose often in arena.

Oh and if you wins 3 times in ranked or vs a real player you can get 10 gold so you don't have to wait tomorrow to buy a new arena pass.

13. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I have encountered some lag in ipad 4 but I believe it's due to internet connection and not due to the hardware since the game is not so demanding.

Has anyone else similar issues?

14. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I could not agree more! The cards are clearer - it's like it transformed to an "HD" version of the game! And one more thing - my laptop could NOT handle the animated gold cards before (only came up as black background with the card text and border visible) - NOW everything is viewable and the gold card animation effects are freaking fantastic! :D

15. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    And the good thing about Arena, especially to new players, is that everyone is on equal footing and based on the luck of the draw for each one's deck. It isn't based on your constructed decks - so even if you have not paid anything at all for cards, you're still on equal ground with other players. It's your skill - both with picking cards and playing the cards - that's the only thing measured. :)

16. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    I can honestly say I suck at this game even though I have 2 legendaries...lol. I'm just a casual player so I haven't really put in any thought as to how to build my deck. Still playing my first char (mage) for now....but of the plays I've lost to other players, I find some of them like to throw me whelps and then play hounds and crush me in one turn. Some of them use that 2/7 card (I forgot the name, but it adds +3 attack for every damage taken) and then continuously heal that minion. Any other strategies you guys find that works?

17. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    I suggest you play against each type in the Practice mode to unlock all the other heroes. You get rewards and stuff for doing so which will help your collection, and it will show you other styles you may enjoy. What sort of strategy and deck you have will be greatly impacted by your hero. Not sure if you noticed, but when building a deck there are class restricted cards, right? So a Hunter will have a variety of beasts that buff or summon other beasts, a Paladin has shields and Taunt cards, etc etc. You should unlock those and play a few rounds with each to figure out what hero power you like and which character restricted cards you enjoy. THEN work on a strategy for your preference.

(Oh, and I suck to. I win maybe 33% of the time against other humans.)

18. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I completely disagree. I have enough gold to play in the arena all the time and I never buy gold with real money. Even if you lose less than three games in the area you still get a little bit of gold and a card pack. So in that case you only spend 20-30 gold more than you would have to just buy a 100 gold card pack. That's worth it for the chance to win big in the arena. Plus daily quests similar to "deal 100 damage to the enemy hero" don't require you to win.

Excellent point.

I always like to keep at least two cards with silence in my deck to deal with cards like those!

19. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

It has some Lag on the iPad Air too which are probably because of the early Build. I expect it too run much smoother on all iDevices in a couple of Months when the Team at Blizzard had more time to polish it.

Since it`s still Work in Progress I`m sure we will see a few changes in the upcoming Weeks/Months till the Game will launch around the Globe.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just used the Mage's starter deck to unlock the other classes, substituting in some of the mage-specific cards as i level up.

That 2/7 is Gurubashi something... And yeah i use it now on my mage, and i hit that character with my mage's special skill everytime attack with him, or just attack 1 power minions with him first to build up attack before hitting the enemy hero.