Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Then it must be somehow playable on iPod 5th. >.<

2. rdriskell

rdriskell Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    We will see but I can't see this A++ title being in the international app stores for WEEKS before a US launch. If it was a indie title from an unkown company ok but this is such a big release I don't think blizzard would put it in any App Store if it "wasn't ready"

My 2 cents

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well I was going to try and change stores but I have a balance on my account so I cant.

4. smmarks

smmarks New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Pretty choppy on my iPad mini, but still playable. Hoping it smooths out with a few updates.

5. adz4u28

adz4u28 Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Nice and smooth on iPad Air :)

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I would hope a card game could run alright on older devices but doesn't sound like it.

Anyhow, damn ipad users! I guess it's time for me to invest..

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This game is the exact same game people have been playing on PC for months. If you go on twitch tv there are a couple big time streamers that play this. And most of them win all the time without spending a penny. It's about how good you are at deck building and strategy. Don't get me wrong, if you spend real money you can buy packs and get stuff quicker, but I guarentee you that you can spend all the money in the world on cards and someone can destroy you with out spending one penny

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    No offline mode is a bit of letdown, as my mobile internet plan is not unlimited . I can play it anywhere at home so I am eagerly waiting...

9. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    While this is mostly true, there is the 10% luck factor, which are the first cards you draw. Watched some of the best players lose on the initial draw just because it was bad, and his opponent drew the cards he needed.

This rarely happens, and even 10% is probably high, but you'll see it.

10. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Never thought I would do it but I created a New Zealand account just to download this!

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's where you are wrong in terms of simplicity and right about the game opening up later on. Ever heard of the World of Warcraft TCG? Coz this is patterned from that. It is closer to Magic the Gathering in terms of mechanics, but quite different coz of the classes and class specific cards.

Once you open up more of the game, it is strategy galore. You can build a heal deck, a unit-focused deck, a spell-centric deck, a weapon/armor deck, a control deck, an all-out rush deck, a direct damage deck, and more. Focusing on one or two of these strategies are more likely to succeed with card synergies and specific class abilities.

12. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Damn do I want to give this a go. I know this has been asked a million times but is it possible to create a account in one of the 3 launch areas without a credit card? I'm in the US. Any help would be so awesome and you can PM me if you like. Thanks!

13. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Replied to your PM

14. Darrduck

Darrduck New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I also have been trying to figure out how to switch regions with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

15. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Well, like I said, it is simply my initial impression from playing for a bit, I certainly am willing to play more and find more depth to the game.

16. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    If i download this in the CA App Store does it get upgraded when its launched in my country App Store or have to delete and redownload from the App Store in my country?

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im sure you'll find it a lot deeper than the usual freemium card games on the appstore.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup. As an option, there is a way using itunes in your computer to overwrite the old copy with the one you got from your local appstore.

I think the cards are tied to your battle.net account, so it should act like icloud. I think i read somewhere that you can possibly play with those who actually play Hearthstone on the PC.

19. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Making a NZ account took me five minutes. Just google it. Use a random name generator site for the address. Follow instructions from a guide (I used one on Pocket Gamer).