Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I would do a deck search on a site like hearthpwn but the quick decks these days are pirate warrior and aggro shaman. The meta is feeling horribly stale these days so you are lucky to be just jumping back in because there IS a lot of good stuff.

2. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    If you're choosing to jump back in to HS, now is certainly an interesting time to do so.

Soon, there will be a mass rotation of cards leaving Standard. This will leave the Standard card pool in its most sparse state for 2017. This will change the meta and shake up the game. But only temporarily, because...

There will be a new expansion shorty thereafter. You can find numerous web sites claiming to know what the new cards will be. But knowing Blizzard, it will most likely be fun!

Then there will be TWO more expansions planned to drop throughout the year. Each. new expansion will provide a slight power creep, which is always interesting and fun.

So, yeah! Welcome back. And enjoy everything 2017 has to offer.

3. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Anyone else feel the flying "whatever" Murlock card might be overpowered? Ridiculous, no skill card.

4. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I actually just crafted Finja for a menagerie deck I wanted to try but haven't played it much since doing so. At some point I will. But no I don't see it as OP since it's a 2 attack card that has to kill something to trigger. Far from impossible but also not exactly automatic. And murlocs need all the help they can get!

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2265 Exact-Psience, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Finja may not be OP, but he can singlehandedly shift tempo to your side which makes it a pretty powerful card. Considering the 2 main murlocs will continue to exist means menagerie decks may have a spot in the next rotation's meta.

Just like how some still consider Patches to be OP coz he comes out free and rampaging from turn 1, Finja does his shenanigans midgame. Since Finja happens midgame, he isnt as OP as the tiny pirate as the opponent has better chances to answer at this point.

6. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Probably right. Just lost a few times because of that card and got frustrated.

7. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Loner

Hey guys, got a quest to challenge a friend but have no friends lol. Anyone wanna help me out?

Apparently you also get a reward

Battle net name lickzy

8. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    #2268 TheVimFuego, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Just tried to add you but I think I need your full battleTag ID.

I'm TheVimFuego#1680, feel free to add me and I'll promise to play my "Renounce Winrate" Warlock deck.

Unless you want to take on my Reno Hunter in Wild ...

Meta Decks Schmetadecks ...

(edit) Also ...https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/5si5ch/battletag_findafriend_patches_edition/

9. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    You need more friends.. Haha! Happy to add as well but yes you need the full tag. I'm Sazerac#11755 if you or any other TA'ers want to add me.

10. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    World record

I noticed some world record about 171 billion damage... and quickly realized it's waaaaaaaay to much work to set that up. Just wondering if anyone has half an hour, 40 dust, and a desire to help me destroy that world record at least a million times over.

Let me know

11. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Huh?

12. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    #2272 Lickzy, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    I want to do 1 Quadrillion Damage in a single turn. In order to do that I need a willing volunteer. That volunteer will need:
    1) 40 dust (to craft a card if you don't have it)
    2) completion of the Karazhan adventure
    3) a half hour of time to help me execute the damage

That's it

13. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Still a bit confused but happy to help, and interested to see! I likely already have the necessary card. My tag is on the prior page of this thread.

14. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I just realized that there may be a stat cap... there goes that idea

15. KMS

KMS Member

Feb 13, 2017
    The first CCG genre I've ever played.
    But it wasn't so hard to understand, and I soon got addicted.
    I like the voice acting
    and the graphic and UI is high-quality.
    No wonder blizzard is a successful company

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah, no one even comes close in terms of production value.

17. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    First for me too, I can't remember when (or why) I started this madness years ago.

I do find that the less I follow the community (Reddit especially) and the more I play and try out wacky decks the better I feel.

I hope the latest expansion shakes it up a lot.

18. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I won't be able to bust open my packs until about 2pm Pacific. I sure hope the servers hold up.

It looks like I'll be opening 85 packs. That's about how many I opened for the last expansion.

After that, I won't be spending any gold until the next expansion. From this point on, I'm a gold farmer.

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I was playing ranked until about 10:04, was able to purchase 3 packs before I got in the "Tables full" loop.

Shortly after I managed to open 7 of my whopping 18 packs before I gave up.

It let me in pretty quickly just now, hopefully I can open the rest w/out much crashing. (Since the last update I've had it crash if I open 2/3 packs in a row.)

20. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    "Quest Rouge", as I'm calling it, is stout. I was only the quest card shy on launch. Crafted it with dust from nerfed cards. Fun to pay with a deck that's strong ATM. Loving the new meta. Seeing new and interesting decks. Long live questrouge