Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    That's the beauty of games like this. You will for the most part be playing people as new to the game as you.

2. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Wow. I had no problem with Heroic Tavern Brawl as it's own side thing. But in lieu of the regular weekly brawl? That blows goats.

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Agreed. Disappointing

4. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    Wow, this game is really quite expensive.hehe I saw the prices of the expansions, arena, and tavern brawl.

5. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Yeh I started free to play a long time ago but my time is worth more than the grind these days so I just periodically chuck some $ at it.

Arena is worth it to gather gold and cards if you can average 5 or so wins but it can be brutal until you get some experience.

Be aware this week's brawl is a special one mostly aimed at 'pros' hence the high entry fee. It's usually free and one of the main ways the newbies can gather a pack (although some brawls can favour big collections too).

I can't imagine what the new player experience is like these days, hope it doesn't put too many off ...

My advice, build a zoo deck (Warlock), learn how to trade and when to 'go face'. And most of all have fun, if we're not doing that not much point right? :D

6. tobidayao

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines

Still quite enjoyable but still deciphering the benefits of the expansions, arena, and tavern brawl. I bought one level of the Karazhan expansion ($7) and was able to finish it in an instant. I don't know if its worth that money though. Thanks for the advice, I'll try to search on that zoo deck. :)

7. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Benefits of expansions are for the cards not longevity of the games :)

8. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    On another note, watching the pro's reel off 12 wins in heroic tavern brawl remind me how much I still suck despite playing daily for years now ;)

9. liukko

liukko Member

Nov 11, 2016
    the new brawl is pay to play -.- awesome....

10. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Buggy right now. Crashes. Tells me resuming game but never resumes.

11. tobidayao

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    Hi Guys,

Just another question, hope you can help me. What if I just want to focus on one single class that I''m playing, and to
    get more cards for that class, I'll disenchant the cards from the other classes I'm not using. Is that a good or bad move? Will I regret it in the long run?

12. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    You will almost undoubtedly regret it in the long run. You may like a class today but may change opinion later or next expansion depending on what cards get released. I would not recommend dusting any cards yet unless you have 2 copies already.
    You could dust golden cards for extra dust...

13. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    You can certainly concentrate on a class but I see two disadvantages to doing so. First, you can easily become a victim of the current meta (like if you were a priest right now). Second, it results in much less of a broad understanding of how the classes work and thus what you are up against.

And from a more personal preference point of view, I think that could get boring pretty quickly. That's probably why I'm so far from getting any specific class to gold status!

14. tobidayao

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    Thanks for the advice guys!!!! I hope I can avoid the temptation of doing it 'cause I'm really enjoying my Mage, and I really want those other mage cards. hehe

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'll play devil's advocate here and tell you what I did.

Started in Aug 2015, was free-to-play until the welcome pack.

After completing all the basic quests, I took a look at what I had opened, and Rogue was the obvious choice.

At first I dusted all class cards but Rogue, Mage & Paladin cards, then all but Rogue.

I got flack for dusting my first legendary, Archmage Antonidas, for a 2nd Preperation but you know what? I got a lot of use out of that prep, and I still don't play Mage that much.

After slowly building my Oil Rogue deck, I started keeping (and crafting for) Aggro Paladin. After that deck was solid, I started keeping all cards, occasionally dusting (usually Priest) cards as necessary to craft.

After Standard hit, neither of these decks were viable, though I could still play Aggro Paly OK in Wild, so I fleshed out Zoo Warlock (which was especially fun after WotG released) and a few variations of Shaman. WotG giving me hardly anything for Rogue / Paly also helped steer me in this direction.

That didn't stop me from crafting a Miracle Rogue deck, which I still have more fun playing than my more ladder successful Warlock/Shaman decks.

Crafted and loved loved playing with Yog, then dusted it for full price after the nerf.

Welcome Pack was too good of an deal to refuse, even for a cheapskate like me. ;) Got Cenarius back as my Legendary, and opened a replacement Tony in the 10 packs.

Still having fun with the game, no regrets. Made enough gold as FTP to unlock 2 wings NAXX, 1 BRM and all of LoE and ONiK, and I've got enough gold for 3 wings saved up. ;)

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Expansion is already live! Go grab your cards!

17. Tatanak

Tatanak Active Member

Jun 23, 2012
  18. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
  19. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    #2259 ashmike3, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Tried to post image, but doesn't seem to work. I just got my last hero to 500 wins.

I now have all heros gold. TA is the only place I could think of that would care. Lol. I half expected blizzard to shower me with gold when I got the last hero to 500 wins, but alas...no fanfare.

Been playing since launch, so it took a while, thousands of games.

Curious how many others here have done it?

20. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Hey guys.

It's been a very long time since I've played this game and recently decided to get back into it. I previously played freeze mage with success and have been having equal success now. However. As much as I like my win ratio, I dislike the time it takes to win.

I know there are a PILE of decks out there but I'd love to hear from the community on their recommendations for a budget, VERY fast deck.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance