Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I dumped a decent amount every set and I still personally felt this was a no brainer and followed suit. Hahahaha too much to resist.

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #2202 houseofg, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Especially with golden spells, right? I mean, what's the point? The eye candy is but a brief moment.

By the way, does your username mean you are kombucha fan? Just started brewing it. #

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Wellllllllll see I DO collect Goldens of cards I use frequently. I mean, I won't go out of my way to CRAFT them by any means, but if I get a golden of something I regularly use, you bet I'll USUALLY keep it. But for Force of Nature, which is now essentially a hard MEH of a card, and I had two Goldens of it..... yeahhhhhh I had a hay day.

Booch138 is a sure name I've used to Junior High. I'm sure somewhere in this site I've explained it before XD but no.

4. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Rank 5 with zoo only. Man. Zoo is strong still... With possed villager and dark peddler. Oh and forbidden ritual usually Gg with some power overwhelming....

5. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Been trying out C'thun rogue and it's ok. Thing is, like other C'thun decks, it relies on C'thun. Trying to tech in tempo control with C'thun. Hope I get a N'zoth, I wanna make a deathrattle rogue

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I play control warrior with cthun (only 4 buffers) and a cthun renolock. I like how each one plays differently despite being both cthun control decks.

7. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Been watching some dragon decks on YouTube and the one with deathwing -> doom ->tons of dragons looks really good. What's the best class to play dragon decks on standard?

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im thinking priest... He can fill his hand up easily while staying safe to make sure his hand has extra dragons for the dragon procs.

9. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I love the paladin dragon that makes The next dragon you play cheaper.

10. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    So it's either Pally or Priest, but first i need Deathwing LOL, and the other dragons. Gotta grind grind grind

11. kate_tramp

kate_tramp New Member

May 12, 2016
    I think priest!

12. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Check out whatever Kibler is playing, he's the dragon king. And entertaining with it.

The decks ain't cheap though.

Dragon priest is OK right now but I prefer dragon paladin.

13. finndc

finndc Well-Known Member

Totally, completely sold on the latest update now, it's superb. The wealth of new, potent cards and a couple of ace Tavern Brawls (co-op this week) almost make up for the sheer number of Aggro Shamans smacking me down :-/

If anyone fancies trying out one of the supposedly heavyweight decks, I recommend the C'thun Warrior deck here:
    http://sectorone.eu/top-legend-standard-decks-s1-part-2-the-old-gods-are-taking-over/ .

I've been giving it a go, naively thinking it'll get me to Level 10 for the first time. I've only managed to put a streak together once, so no joy with that goal yet, but it's a really good deck for knowing where you made your errors and learning to avoid them in future. Gives you a real sense of how hard the best players must be concentrating at all times, too.

14. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Looking for some opinions, should I dust all the wild cards? And only keep standard?

15. finndc

finndc Well-Known Member

Depends what you're trying to achieve, I guess? I wouldn't dust the stuff you're using for Wild though, isn't that cutting off half of the game for yourself?

Might be worth dusting some of the unnecessary Wild-only cards that have become redundant but there are still loads of decks that worked in Wild before the update and still work well now.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wild cards can be used for some brawls, and then there's arena (havent played arena lately but i believe it's wild in arena).

If you arent into those, then yeah, you can de them if you really need to craft important cards for standard.

17. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    For arena you don't use your own cards luckily.
    I like the brawls but those are only once a week and you don't always need wild cards.

Really drawn to dusting.

18. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    Really pushed to rank up this season.
    I got to rank 3 highest I have ever been, but have to be honest I am not good enough to get to legend.
    Played around 40 games on rank 3 and still at rank 3 :-(
    Got matched with rank 1 and legendary players and i lost all those matches.

But it was fun to really try for the first time.

19. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #2219 aconfusedkender, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Hey bud! Take it from me you can do it. I was like you for a few months I would always hit between ranks 5-2 could never push to legend then finally it happened one day. Anything past rank 5 is all about attrition. You just have to keep at it. Yes you win some and lose some but don't give up on it. It's one of the coolest gaming accomplishments I've had in my 26 years of playing games. Yes it's only a digital card game but still experiences are all personal. Mine is going to be different than everyone else's. There are people that hit legend every month. I didn't care to do that but I could if I wanted to and so can you.

If I was to lose 3 games then I would put the game down for a little while to clear my mind and then go back at it again. Eventually it paid off for me and i did it. If you get a chance and you're on the NA server hit me up
    Tasslehoff#1736

Good Luck! Try next month. Also the first and last week of playing in a month are the hardest to go up in since all the "pros" are shooting for top spots. Play in the middle of the month. It usually is a little easier (;

20. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    Hhhhhmmm ok will give it another try this season.
    I know now that I have to climb earlier in the month, last season I only reached rank 5 about 6 days before the end of the season.

Unfortunaly I am on the eu server.