Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Congratulations, you discovered the exact reason they added the WOW emote! #

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Hahahahaha this

3. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Sure, man. Always interested in seeing good warlock decks. Favorite class! Rocking a zoolock at the moment that I love.

4. Siannath

Siannath Member

May 8, 2012
    Hearthstone on the iPhone 6 Plus

Hi there!

How well is the performance in the iPhone 6 Plus? It runs at 30 or 60fps? Can you post some screenshots with the Old Gods expansion?

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Honestly I couldn't tell you the framerate #'s, but I can tell you is looks gorgeous and is as-smooth running and just about as detailed as the "ultra" detail setting on PC. It looks wonderful. It's not a disappointment I assure you. :3

Was the first game I loaded up on mine when I first got mine ^__^

6. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Just be careful with the different UI. It is really easy to mis-target spells, I've found.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Runs great on my 6 Plus.

Just be careful with returning cards to your hand that you don't hit yourself in the face! (I've done that once or twice... :rolleyes:)

8. finndc

finndc Well-Known Member

So what's the consensus with the expansion, then? I wasn't bored of the game prior to this update, but ...Gods feels like a really ace thing, with how much all the new cards are freshening things up.

Haven't seen much grumbling yet, beyond the usual odd techy issue, which I was briefly grumbling about too. They made me watch the explanation of what Standard and Wild were about 5 times in a row on my phone :-/

9. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I am enjoying playing Priest a ton. The mass healing spells combined with lots of taunt and "kill an enemy with over 5 attack" makes shutting down Gods a LOT of fun. I find it much more satisfying to kill a God than to play one, haha.

10. finndc

finndc Well-Known Member

Nice :) Yeah, out of the 10 or so goes I've had so far I've played C'thun a couple of times and never to particularly satisfying effect. Although I think I might be spreading myself too thin with a Mage deck that's focused on getting Antonidas and / or C'thun out. Winning myself a decent percentage of hands compared to what I expected, mind...

11. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I'm enjoying it so far. I can't speak for those who play at a competitive level, since I play pretty casually (highest I've been is rank 11), but it looks like they've done a pretty good job of shaking up the meta. I see a lot of potential for a wide variety of deck types, so hopefully the number of viable decks will be greater than what we had before. Time will tell.

I haven't tinkered with Wild mode yet, but I think things could get pretty crazy there. I'm fairly confident that Reno decks will really common in that mode. This expansion has added a lot of cards that make up for the ones that got cycled out of Standard, so it won't be too difficult to take a Wild deck and replace all your doubles with comparable replacements in order to turn it into a no-copies deck. So I think Wild mode will eventually settle down into either decks that kill really fast or decks that will take the game to fatigue every time.

12. finndc

finndc Well-Known Member

Likewise. Rank 10 will be a very happy day, one day.

Hope so. As I say, I wasn't bored, but there were certainly certain decks (Face Hunter, Secret Paladin) that were starting to feel a bit tiresome when you knew how the match was gonna play out within about two turns.

An example of 1) some decent, pragmatic logic, and 2) a reminder that half of my not getting past rank 11 is pure laziness, having not bothered to apply logic like that to my own decks up to now :)

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I've been having a lot of fun with it, though I haven't been playing ranked yet.

F2P, fairly casual player, used to get up to 9 with Aggrodin, now I'm trying out C'thun Hunter and WOG Zoolock.

Trying to figure out how to make a deck around Deathwing: Dragonlord with the amount of dust I have available. Doesn't help that I got hardly any WOG Rogue & Paladin cards... :(

14. BohemianCoast

BohemianCoast Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    I've created a pile of decks, and they're all basically rubbish, but I'm having a ton of fun. My favourite so far is the Renounce Darkness Zoo deck, which is, um, very very very inconsistent, so much so I have to play it on casual because I don't want to end the season at rank 20.

I normally ladder with a particular deck for a month, and at the moment I'm thinking about a minion buffing paladin deck for that for May.

15. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Normally I never dust golden cards but 1600 for a golden Force of Nature? Too much too resist! #

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Insta-dust, baby

17. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I didn't think about it for long, especially as a free to play player!

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'm holding out to see if I can open a Renounce Darkness, but will probably end up crafting a pair soon...

19. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I've been playing this game since the start, and I will say that between this expansion and GvG, it's a huge toss up for fav. I actually found myself bored with the stagnant meta that eventually became TGT. It's not that it didn't have its cards, but I personally felt 90% of the "Joust" cards were freaking worthless, and any included were just because of base stats. Again, it wasn't awful, just the least of my Favourite and WotOG totally refreshed the game for me. Coupled with the recent (and mostly agreeable) nerfs... I really have put my mind back to work with deck crafting instead of cycling most of the same cards save for a few class differences. While through 20-15 I ran into a ton of C'Thun based decks (kind of expected it) at Rank 15 I'm noticing an increase in some flavour and creativity.

*back to the deck lab*

20. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    You're probably right on that Reno call. I haven't actually played a single Wild Game yet. Brain is focusing on Standard for now, but I definitely have thought of some additions that would work on wild for some formulas I've tinkered with. Not time yet ;)