iPad Heartbeats - A sci-fi puzzle of a dying man

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by esbenravn, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Anette Thorsen

Anette Thorsen New Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Game Impressions

:):confused::):confused::):):):)
    I like it :D
    The game challenge me - I had to think - I had to try harder - I had to use my creative thinking to solve the puzzles. Good way of spending time.
    And nice to get great pieces of arts on my way through the game.
    Thank you for not being mainstream.

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #22 cloudpuff, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    I thought I was going mad!!! I came back yesterday and thought "I'm sure I posted" I hadn't said anything offensive and was praising the game, so not sure why it was deleted either.

I'll repeat what I said earlier, it's one of those type of puzzles that's an experience, I love the art style, theres a lot of work gone into this. I love the way music is implemented and also how the iap to unlock the rest of the levels is presented. While I finished the game in under an hour, it was a very enjoyable experience and I can easily say the unlock iap at 79p is well worth it.

3. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Game Impressions

The spotify playlists did never work for me on ipad air. Nothing happens when i click on"here".
    The puzzles are too much trial and error without any more hints. Gave up on the third puzzle cause it was to frustrating and this makes me not want to spend any money on this. The art is great. But i can't play the art. So...

4. esbenravn

esbenravn Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    It's kind of a simple setup with the playlist, so you need to have the Spotify app on your device to make it work. Do you? If so, we got some fixing to do.

I'm sorry, you didn't like the puzzles, but I would argue you pretty much play the graphics. That's basically the idea. (I think I know, what you are saying, but I couldn't help myself).

Thanks, none the less.

5. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    On Twitch.tv/appspy

We gave the AppSpy crew quite a lot of freedom in terms of spoilers in this.

They do a really decent overlook of Heartbeats at the beginning of their twitch.tv show.

But should we have refrained from "allowing" all these spoilers? (it's not like we have a say as such, but they asked us, what we would like them not to spoil and we said this was cool.)

(SPOILER ALERT, THOUGH!)
    http://www.twitch.tv/appspy/v/3916577

What do you think?

6. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    There was nowhere written that i need the spotify app. I thought it would run with safari in the background. Maybe you should add a "how to" to the music menue or at least point out to also download the spotify app.
    Making the third puzzle so hard - and i'm not the only one who had problems with this - is a big bumper when you want someone to be suck into your game and to buy it after this puzzle. The less people solve this puzzle - the less will buy it.
    And sorry for my first harsh words. You are right. You play with the graphics. Thats true. Only some more helpful hints to solve the puzzles would be nice. After about 10 mins trial and error without the feeling to get nearer to a solution i gave totaly up on this. All i had in my head was: "on the next level it will be the same".

7. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    You certainly aren't the only one, that's for sure. It's tough and we didn't do hints, so we gotta live with that drop in players, that this puzzle creates.

A lot of people do pass it though. More than half it seems, and there is all the explanation you need in it to pass it, it can just be kind of hard to find and put together. Actually some people also pass it by accident, which has been a bit astounding to us. But hey you win some you loose some.

And your arguments are not spilled on us, we plan to get way better at this the next time around. That's the reason we do stuff, you know.

You're right, that we didn't mention stuff about the Spotify app. We should have, sorry!

/Esben - designer - Heartbeats

8. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Oh, yes, you noticed the iap! Hurray! It's surely a darling, but we love, that darling.

And thanks a lot for doing your rewrite here, rather than succumbing to craziness!

Thanks a whole lot! Heartwarming stuff.

/Esben - designer - heartbeats

9. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Wuuup! Best New App Feature on US App Store!

BIIIIIIIIIIIIG Thanks! This is very much your fault!!!

[​IMG]

For an itzy bitty tiny experimental production like Heartbeats, this wasn't something we ever dreamed of! I mean there's 500 games launching each day, right!?

10. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk

Congratulationssssssss :)

11. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Hi, did you get around to it? And to you mind taking time elaborating on you experience?

No matter what, I'm glad you feel that way!

12. jackie183

jackie183 New Member

Mar 20, 2015
    I'm stuck on level 7:(:(:(, anyone know the answer?

13. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Disagreements!

Who do you agree with? This is from the reviews on App Store.
    [​IMG]

14. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    I finished the game, I loved it.
    Puzzles were not so hard, more 'aha' puzzles.

Great art, great experience. I missed sound, app should have come with default sound.

15. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    I mailed the answer

16. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    That 1 star review is pathetic. Fail to see what's "insulting" about asking for a dollar for access to the full game after 3 puzzles as opposed to from the start. Mental.

17. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Best 0,99 € game (no sale) ever purchased.

18. esbenravn

Oct 15, 2013
    Game Producer
    Aarhus, Denmark.
    Guys, you are the best, thanks for the above! And all the comments like it!

And as mentioned earlier, we will, when we do a graphic puzzle again like Heartbeats put in sound, no worries.

Maybe we'll stick to playlists for music, maybe not. If we stick to it, we shall work out a way to integrate it smoother.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

19. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

Attack all Apps just put up a great review

https://attackallapps.wordpress.com/2015/03/21/ios-review-heartbeats-45/

20. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Ha! Yes, that was some crooked, and because of the 1 star even malicious logic. Some people don't deserve their brain ...