Headphones?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Genius, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    I started listening to music on the bus and the apple headphones (which came with my iPhone 4) aren't cutting it because i have to turn the volume all the way up. At the same time I really enjoyed the sound quality and design of beats which I tried at Best Buy. My question is are they really worth $100 or should i wait for their price to go down?

Thanks in advance!

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    It'll probably be a while before a price drop goes on those things, but in my personal and professional opinion they are worth the $100 for both music listening and music recording. Though for music recording I do prefer Bose Noise Cancellers, they are freaking huge and would never wear them on a bus ride or anything, where as Dre's in-ear iBeats headphones would suit you more than well as they sound f*cking fantastic, and are small and mobile. I use these ones though. ^.^ hope it helps.

3. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    You should try Craigslist and see if you can get a pair of Beats SOLO for that price. You'll be happy with them.

4. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Do not get the Beats, please. Are you looking for earphones or headphones? Open or closed?

5. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    #5 vbxz47, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    Definitely go with the beats they amazing, I also got this awesome sweat shirt wear the strings around hoodie are open/hollow and u can fit them in and I listen to music all day all the time. It's amazing but sound quality is great.

Edit/update: I just re-read through this and realized how retarded I sounded, it's like a 4 year old wrote this lol. Yeah I have both the hoodie and beats, but it depends on location, for me of course. If you want something a little cheaper go with the Bose in ear. Now they are really something.

6. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    why don't you like the iBeats StarCraftIsGreat? and vbxz47 I've seen those hoodies they are pretty cool but i want something i can use anywhere any time

7. StarCraftIsGreat

Jul 25, 2010
    They sound good, but are way overpriced--you're paying for the Dr. Dre label. Are you looking for earphones or headphones?

8. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    If you are looking for good sound and stylish look and have the money, go for Beats. If you don't mind looking like a dofus using big headphones like Sennheisers or only want earbuds, look for other options.

9. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    If you are looking for good sound and stylish look and have the money, go for Beats. If you don't mind looking like a doofus using big headphones like Sennheisers or only want earbuds, look for other options.

10. hesty

hesty Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Los Angeles
  11. Rubyjourney

Rubyjourney Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I personally like skullcandy headphones look cool, sound nice and can fold nice full headset into something that fits in my pocket.

12. StarCraftIsGreat

Jul 25, 2010
    LOL. Try harder next time, please.

13. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    huh?..

14. AssyriaGameStudio

AssyriaGameStudio Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    I'd reccomend Bose QC15's.

There expensive, but I travel quite a lot for conferences and stuff, so there amazing on planes and stuff for cutting out sound + the sound quality is awesome :).

15. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Those are what I use to record my music with. The sound is immaculate. However I think the OP might be wanting some headphones that are a little more portable. (Though the case that the Bose ones comes in is pretty rad.)

16. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I got DiddyBeats and have never regretted the purchase one bit. Great quality and I reckon they will last me years. The other day, I borrowed a mates apple headphones and was shocked at how bad it actually is! Also, as the DiddyBeats go right in the ear and exclude external noise, you don't need the volume above half way - better for you ears!

Remember - buy cheap, buy twice.

17. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah Apple headphones, I don't care what anyone says, f*cking suck. And they hurt my ears after listening to shit for more than 15 minutes lol. Sure they are free with a new iPod but that doesn't help the fact that they suck.

Some people might enjoy them but that's cause they havn't gotten anything better. I'd pick Skullcandys over them (Though for thier price, Skullcandys really arn't bad at all, my wife uses them).

18. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Any cheaper alternatives for beats pro? In terms of quality?

19. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Lady GaGa has 'heartBeats'

If you don't mind the link with her, they're just as good, but cheaper by far.

20. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Those ones look like they would just fit weird though. I mean I am sure they are fine, and sound great, but their design is just silly hahahaha.

I don't care about the link with the person though, I got the LeBron James designed ones and I f*cking hate that douche.