headphones

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by wootbean, May 13, 2009.

1. Coachflaps

Coachflaps Active Member

May 6, 2009
    USAF
    FL
    I go through headphones fast. I wear them at night to help me fall asleep and then of course I roll around an sleep on them, lol.

I use earbuds and I had ones from Sony but the cord wore out until the wire was showing. I had a set of Ultimate Ears Superfi 3, which were absolutely phenomenal sounding, but yeah I broke off one of the earbuds when I rolled around on it. I've broken several others as well.

I broke my set of JVC's when I was in Balad and thought I was SoL but luckily a local run electronic store on-base sold some earbuds.

I bought a set of Creative EP-630Link here

The sound a lot better than I anticipated and the rubber they use for the cord has withstood everything I've thrown at it, which includes being bunched up in my pocket for hours on end while out working. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

2. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Same here. I go to sleep listening to a podcast or music on shuffle. Then I use the timer to put my iPhone into sleep after about an hour, by the time I am asleep. I use some standard Sony PSP earphones and they are great. They have a strong bass and they are very durable. I think I might get this MP3 Pillow which you can plug your MP3 player into and hear it through the pillow. Because waking up, half-strangled by your earphone cord isn't very nice :D

[​IMG]

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    LOL That's freakin' awesome. How do you keep the sound from being muffled, though?

4. I had the new Apple in-ear's for Xmas and I have loved them ever since (I don't mean I snuggle up to them in bed or anything). The bass is definitely there. But more importantly, they have plenty of definition with the treble at the same time due to their dual drivers.
    I had a cheap pair of Skull Candy's before then, which were good for bass, but completely lacked any definition. Since having the Apple 'phones, I haven't looked back.

5. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Radius Atomic Bass

6. Lux Ambassador

Feb 28, 2009
    Digital Design & Art Management
    Chicago area
    There are definitely 3rd party phones out there with in-line remotes for play/pause/skip/phone answer/end - the v-moda's, of course, though I found their bass to be a bit TOO much. I replaced 'em with Sennheiser MM50 iP's which are in-ears with the remote and sound pretty good...especially for the price. Speaking generally, I like the sound of Sennheiser products - they tend to be pretty open and detailed with a good amount of unexaggerated bass.

7. Korean

Korean Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    you can pick up a pair of skull candy ink'd in ear earbuds at target for about 10-15$

They work really well, i play drums using them and they cancel out alot of noise and the audio is really clear in them. The only problem is that theres no mic if u want to talk with it, and the wire is really long like 3.5-4 feet.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Can you use a timer to put your ipod touch to sleep? And if so, is there a way to turn it off completely? Not just putting it to sleep?