Have to re-earn achievements in GameCenter?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MisterDrgn, Sep 9, 2010.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    I just loaded up the new Fieldrunners and switched to GameCenter. It didn't list any of the achievements I'd earned in OpenFeint. Is this going to be a general issue with GameCenter, or is it just a Fieldrunners isssue?

2. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Add Pac-Man to the list.

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    It's a general fault of switching to a new achievement system but that case is specifically the fault of the devs.

They could have made a small patch update that checked which OF achievements had been unlocked so they immediately unlock the ones in GameCenter.

Zen Bound 2 unlocked all its achievements once I got the GC update and World Series of Poker game me two based on my chip count (it didn't have any achievements before)

4. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Ok, I figured the Fieldrunner devs had just dropped the ball there. I wonder what the odds of their fixing that are...

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I bet some of you with massive OF scores are feeling lost right now. :(

6. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    Touchgrind had the same problems, I never deleted it but when I installed gamecenter all my boards were gone

7. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    GC deleted all my progress in Enigmo 2, and I still have all my boards in Touchgrind, which is a problem, because now I can't unlock any of the achievements. :/

8. jasoncitron

jasoncitron Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Founding Craftsman of Hammer & Chisel. Previously
    San Francisco
    Hey Guys,
    Jason with OpenFeint here. Very soon we will be releasing tools to allow developers to easily integrate OpenFeint and Game Center together. If they decide to use game center features, your leaderboards and achievements will transfer over instantly. Fieldrunners didn't want to wait for them though. I suspect they'll add our tools once we release them.

Thousands of developers have expressed interest in keeping OpenFeint for advanced features (action replays, challenges, turn based multiplayer, etc.), existing friends lists & forums, and upcoming cross platform voice multiplayer support (PlayTime!). I'm anxiously awaiting to see what all of you think too!

Anyway, we're doing everything in our power to make it easy for devs to integrate both OR move away to Game Center. Apple went out of their way to make it harder than it should be, but it's possible to do it. Just let the developers of your favorite games know what you want.

Thanks for the continued support! :)

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Superb. Hats off to you.