Has this happened to your iPhone/iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by noah21c, Jun 12, 2009.

1. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Has anyone had their iPhone/iPod Touch go into recovery mode? I have a 1st Gen. iPod Touch and this is the third time this has happened to me. It says that the only way to use my iPod now is to restore it. The first time was before apps so it wasn't a big deal. The second time, I had some apps, and I was mad so I took it to the apple store. They did NOTHING besides restoring my iPod and then sending me a new one. Now, I have 99 apps, I havn't backed up my iPod forever, and restoring it will delete all my apps and progress on all my apps. I would post this to FML it my iPod was working:p. So, is there anyone that can help?

2. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I'm pretty sure once it's in recovery mode the only thing you can do is restore it.

I'm not an expert though since the only time I ever put it in recovery mode was when I was jailbreaking it, which I then restored it and got all my apps back.

Advice for the future: Back up your device frequently.

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #3 yourofl10, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
    When it is on recover mode you have to restore it. I believe it wi[pes your iPod then puts evrything back on it. Thus, deleting all your ssaved scores etc... I suggest like CDubby94 said back it up often (1 time everyday before you go to bed or something like that).

EDIT: I've had this happen to me a once, or a couple of times before.

4. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    #4 Paulio, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
    yeah that's really unfortunate. How can you do it three times? I'm always worried I'll put it in when I reboot, but so far it's been ok..