Has anyone tried the Pogo stylus?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Kamazar, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm considering getting one since I really want to use Flipbook (I frickin' love drawing and animating :D ) but drawing with a finger is imprecise and catches on the screen from time to time. Has anyone tried it out?

2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    what if you use your pinky finger? a drawing app is the only one for which i could see anyone ever needing a stylus... there's a market for anything!

good luck! if you get one please post your findings!!

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I'd be curious to see how it works. Line Rider and Crayon Physics will be so much easier

4. manolis

manolis Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    USA
    I have the pogo stylus. I bought it for the same reason: drawing. But the stylus is very unresponsive and you almost need to place the stylus perfectly on the screen for it to register a touch. Personally, I hate it, but maybe its just my stylus. My friend has a stylus also but i dont think its the pogo stylus. he said his is OK.

5. Anorym

Anorym Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Vancouver BC
    just bought one yesterday, at first i wasn't too sure by looking at the tip of it that look like a small sponge but after trying it for a day i can say that i don't regret buying it, i'm also making animation on flipbook and with that it's a lot faster to draw and i don't have any problem, i even have a protective sleeve on my ipod and it work all fine.

6. gcl

gcl Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    I have too have the Pogo Stylus and will sell it. I have to press so hard that the sponge feels like it won't last or write so slow or perpendicular or press to register. I can't understand some of the reviews I've read on some review sites as it is definitely far inferior to human touch and my personal experience. Customer service from the company and the clip and overall build quality was nice though. Caveat Emptor.

7. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    an iphone friendly version of this forum would eliminate my need for a stylus...
    (wink wink) ;)