Universal HARVEST MOON: Seeds Of Memories (by Natsume Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    I thought it's like the old HM :-(

I'm sorry but the artstyle is just bad. Not even cute as some was saying. It's RPG Maker level and it's made without any love.

Maybe the gameplay could be solid. But thats not worth 10$ for me yet. I may wait for a sale or wait if there will be updates. Hope is still there!

But thanks for the community throwing out reviews to the games thats just great :)

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I don't have the super high expectations for mobile games some people do so I am really enjoying this game and very glad to have such s great free of IAP farming/life sim game to play :)

3. furion00

furion00 Member

Apr 1, 2015
    How do you get the villagers to the 2nd musical note? I keep giving them gifts but they stay at 1 musical note :(

4. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    You're right, very generic art, this series has had better art, this is a step backwards. I would easily pay $10 for any of the other versions if they got ported to iOS.

5. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    #65 TywinTheVile, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    Having been playing Harvest Moon since 1996, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at how fun this game is. It doesn't feel as big as some of these other games over the years but it has that harvest moon/story of seasons vibe. Some may find the art off putting but it doesn't bother me and the gameplay seems solid. Granted I am not very far yet but $10 for a fun solid premium Harvest Moon on my phone is worth it. I could spend 10x that easy on some freemium farm simulators. I would recommend this easy. Worth the price of admission and maybe if it does well enough we will see some good updates over time.

6. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Really tempted to pick this up. It looks like it's Harvest Moon returning to roots, old school and no gimmicks. The visuals are bad but I can look past that if it delivers in gameplay and charm.

Keep the impressions coming guys. Curious to see if the experience holds up hours later.

7. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    Anyone else experiencing a bug where they cant get the axe? Its unfortunate that i can't get rid of my stumps

8. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    I can't confirm yet about finding the dog and the cat, but I do know you can adopt the bobcat for some odd reason. You can find him in the area between your farm and town some days between 5-7pm. Everytime you pick him up the heart symbols appear, but after I put him in my house he's always gone in the morning. He will be mine and frankly he has no choice in the matter...I see nothing that can go wrong with a pet bobcat

9. kleth

kleth New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Guys, it may sound stupid but how do you actually save in this game? If I remove the app from the multi tasking window, my game save is gone and I have to restart again..

10. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    My very short take: for the $40 I paid for Rune Factory 4 or would pay for something like Story of Seasons I'd be pretty put off. It's not up to the same standards by a wide gulf.

But for $10 it's not bad. It's worth the time spent playing it if you like this kind of game.

11. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    Sleep in your bed gives you and option to save as does the settings menu. There is a load/save game option.

12. kleth

kleth New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I did that, but if I close the app from the multi task window, the saved game just disappear and there is only a new game option

13. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    Weird man. Did you sleep and save or just tap sleep? Maybe you have a somewhat corrupted file and you need to delete and reinstall.

14. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I've played nearly every HM game since the PS version of BtN, and while this new one is a bit HM Lite, I love it so far. The farming / tool system is less complex by necessity, since I can't imagine trying to manage a rucksack on a small device like my phone. The world does feel smaller overall than your typical HM game, but I feel this is a perfect pocket world for, well, your pocket! Well worth $10 and fun to pick up and play when you have a few minutes.

15. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    one of the best HM games were on Game Boys. with super tiny screens.

16. snippygal

Sep 24, 2010
    I agree! But we had buttons to move things around, not big sausage fingers. :) My favorite handheld version was the oft-maligned HM DS. Yes, it was glitchy, but I devoted HOURS of my life to it!

17. snippygal

Sep 24, 2010
    #77 snippygal, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    One method for digging deeper in the mine is the old save & reload trick from HMDS. (If someone else has already mentioned this here, forgive me.)

When you arrive on a new floor, save the game right away; I usually use my second save slot instead of the main one, though it probably doesn't matter. Then do your mining and digging. When you discover the way down to the next floor, remember the spot, then reload your game from where you saved when arriving on that floor. Then you already know where to dig down for the next level. This will save you TONS of energy and let you get much further down on one run.

Just do this each time you step onto a new floor!

Edit: by doing this, I got down to floor 31 and I'm only on Spring 11. Got 50+ gold ore, lots of orichalcum and other rare ores to ship for $$$$

18. infinityking

infinityking Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    Can you actually have kids after marrying?

19. snippygal

Sep 24, 2010
    I'm not sure yet, but if "Gilbert's Seed" means what I think it does, we're on the right track over here.

IMG_2067.PNG

20. infinityking

infinityking Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    HAHAHA i get it thanks thanks