Universal HARVEST MOON: Seeds Of Memories (by Natsume Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    Thanks for weighing in. Harvest moon traditionally was about resource ,a age,net under time pressure, combined with typically pretty rich stories that unfolded as you progressed. Earlier versions had you race against an X year clock, while later versions opted for a more relaxed "take as long as you want" approach to hitting all the content.

So yeah, grinding without the IAP and enjoyable story about family and relationships. We getting that?

2. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #22 redribbon, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016

basically everything you've ever played long time ago on PS2/nds :D. good ol memory with upgraded graphics and new touch control integration makes it easier to roam the area.

3. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm intrigued, and I love Harvest Moon (the old series) but after "Harvest Moon - The Lost Valley" (3DS), I'm going to reserve judgement and watch this one for a couple of days.

If this was from XSeed who made "Story of Seasons" (The "real" Harvest Moon in the US), it'd be an instabuy.

4. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    #24 shining jade, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Worth 9.99$! Was a instant buy as soon as I found out !

It brings back old memories of mining down under many levels I got to 12 before retreating up cause I brought no food to replenish stamina (there's a hot spring near the mines you can replenish there too)
    You can farm (easy quick auto load tools depending on what needs doing )
    Sell and buy from the towns shops
    Fish and get bait in town
    Cook in your kitchen
    Starter Items are given to you at the beginning just talk to EVERYONE you can forage for plants and mine rocks cut trees and not just on your farm, wherever it allows you to enter farm mode, you can upgrade your house your animal barns, have chickens, cows and such.. Put Down fences, that you make with the blacksmith you go to him and can refine your materials and buy stuff..
    Fortunes can tell u much stuff oh and tells you about weather you will learn who to go to in game, the bookshelf tells ALL tips galore read it and learn .. Too me this fits iOS well graphic wise is like snes kinda ..
    Newer devices only it seems anything with lower then 1gb of ram can't play ..
    I'm playing on a iPod 6 gen even for a tiny screen it works well and for 9.99$ it's wicked !

5. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I never played Harvest Moon before but this one looks interesting. But going to wait for impressions though

6. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    iPad mini first gen works fine as well!

7. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    The graphics / art style look cheap... I wish it had 16 bit SNES-like graphics and art style :/

8. Dash902

Dash902 New Member

May 11, 2014
    #28 Dash902, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Been a long time fan since GBC and PS1. And even dabbled in the SNES classic. All harvest moon games get compared to Back To Nature since it improved so much on the classic and brought actual relationships, interesting events and some good story into the series. After BTN a few HM games have been duely noteworthy but a few more have been duds. Compared to the good games, and this is just my impression based on pics trailer and gameplay videos. The controls are good! The music has a lot to be desired. The character art while speaking is missing, you don't get to see the speakers expressions change while reading their dialogue which is a shame, the writing is something between good and great! It has better than basic writing and there is interesting story events. There seems to be a mine, which is a very good thing. The art style is awful (in my opinion). The entire map of the game seems big and there is lots to see and do, but considering BTN is on PSN for $6 I would price this at $5 it seems like they put a lot of work into this but BTN/friends of mineral town (on wii u) are just as good and even better than this in some ways (music, artwork, graphics etc.) there's lots of content which justifies a higher price tag but honestly I would wait for a sale on this one since the money isn't really going to Natsume, the developer that sometimes makes games that I really love.

9. bigmonkeynads

bigmonkeynads Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Upgraded graphics?! Are you kidding me this looks horrible. I'd play the original over his any day!

10. JaySam032

JaySam032 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2015
    I can also confirm that it works on my iPad 3.

11. supervisr

supervisr Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Agree, i hate the fact they dropped all the cute chat picture too. This is like the bootleg version

12. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    The music is nice!!!!

13. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Is the controller dragging or do you have directional pads?

14. novianbuyung

novianbuyung Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Does this game support mfi controller?

15. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Thanks mate for confirming that it works on iphone5 my gf love hm alot going to download this now.

16. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Does it support iCloud?

17. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    The graphics look wierd.

18. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Plays perfectly fine on an iPod touch 5th gen! About an hour into it... Fun HM experience, but like others have already mentioned, the graphical look of the game is a little "weird". I so would have preferred having the original Snes look or maybe something like Stardew Valley. That would have suited the game much better in my opinion.. Right now it kinda feels like I'm playing a HM knock off lol! I guess I'll get used to it the more I play though.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Chiming in as someone who's never played a HM game before, and to me I really don't see anything wrong with the game. Sure, the graphics aren't the greatest, but I could see them working on my 3DS for example, and as for the game itself? It's just an insanely deep, charming game with flawless controls.

20. freedomthai

freedomthai Member

Mar 24, 2015
    #40 freedomthai, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    sorry,but harvest moon for GBA even better than this.this new one when you talk to other characters you can't even see thier face.don't know how they make face of felling when talk to you.just lifeless talking.

sure they play like harvest moon,but not have same charmimg like older one.if you don't care much about your cute waifu make a lot of blush when they do something clumsy this game still good for you i guess.at least it's a premium game.

[​IMG]