Universal Hardboiled (by Game Dev Team)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015.

1. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Very nice game indeed,screwed up the ending in my first play but will definitely do it the other way next time and yes,there are 2 endings in this game.
    Might be cool if you could add some interiors with bandits inside but that's just a suggestion.
    Took me like 2 hours without killing everybody in the game.Definitely worth 2$ if you love fallout like games :)

2. LuisRM

LuisRM Active Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Enemies

Good game so far. I agree with the difficulty it can be frustrating at first, but if you stick with it, you can manage. My biggest issue is with enemies following you. Once you get into a fight, the enemies will follow you across the whole map. They will abandon their camp and chase you to no end. Along the way Marauders will join in for no reason against you. I had six enemies chasing me. If you've played the game you know it's tough one on one, but it was a no win against six people (without grenades anyway). But if enemies run away from you (scavengers) you get a Victory, why not the other way? Also, why won't the Guardians help me if I have positive reputation? I had a shootout in front of their gun trader and they just stood by.

That being said, I'm still enjoying the game and look forward to any updates and wish you success!

My pro tip, if you keep dying and don't care about rep, go after scavengers. Use your knife and if they have a gun, try to disarm them. Sometimes they have a ton of loot.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Haven't read through the whole thread but the secret to survival is to level up.

The car parts will always (it seems) be located near the same enemies (or allies). Lone Bandits and animals (in the nature areas) are good for exp. also, loot, sell, buy. And carry a grenade :)

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh-and don't open the containers next to the Hunter FOR GODS SAKE

5. Lenogden11

Lenogden11 New Member

May 10, 2015
    Amazing game.
    Ran through 3 times on normal figure 4-6 hrs per run.

Buy this game. Great graphics. In some ways as good as fallout 1 and 2 just shorter
    Support the dev. So he can use the assets to make more of these guys!!!

Beginer tips

Head north for first car part
    Then west for next one.

Put all your upgrade ponts in agility first to 10
    You'll have 3 shots per round with pistols
    I never used any weapon but the revolver or beretta sell everything else

Next put your points into um the skill that increases health to 200

Fight strategy

Watch the enemy movement, and when get one alone move close enough to begin the fight
    Then move away from rest of enemies
    the one you've started the fight with will follow you
    Move so you are one on one
    Target body and head

Eat drink rinse and repeat.

Soon you'll be rolling in guns, ammo, and armor.

Hey Dev Winchester is misspelled.

I'll buy any more of these you want to put together..

6. GamerDog

GamerDog Active Member

Great Game

I've been playing this all day and it's awesome. The story is great and the game play is great. Just wish you could get away from someone once you attack them, these guys will follow you forever, which is nuts.
    Really well made, worth the price.

7. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Ok, I am starting to get the hang of it.

But after some mistakes my reputation has gone down from +6 to +2.

Is there a possibility to regain reputation points other than (I don't want to spoil things) 2 sources?

8. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    U should add a skirmish mode with teammates or something of that nature

9. davegobe

davegobe Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Chemist
    Cleveland, OH
    I found all the car parts except one, so I don't know if I missed it at one of the enemy's camps. Oh well, I may restart and try again.

10. Pr36Y0

Pr36Y0 Member

May 18, 2015
    Thank you.I played it for two days.I just think it sometimes make you berserk and sometimes it is attractive.

11. Pr36Y0

Pr36Y0 Member

May 18, 2015
    You can hardly escape form a battle that have come up.So you have to avoid them who it is too strong.

12. Pr36Y0

Pr36Y0 Member

May 18, 2015
    Hello,I want too say it is too hard to escape form a battle.I always died from incidental battle.

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=261644][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261599][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261580][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261647][​IMG][/thread] [thread=255173][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261383][​IMG][/thread]

Hardboiled

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

May 14th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

14. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Ok,so after reading the review I decided to try this game again. It really is great- there's no story or quests, but the combat is fun. I always play games on the hardest difficulty available, because I love challenges and boy does this game give you a challenge. If I hadn't played as a vagrant in the beginning I would have had nothing.

Once you get enough gear and skill points you're fine, but my reputation was too muddy to save at that point. So I get all these new guns, max out every skill (except for strength), and gather the last of the car parts. So I'm thinking "job well done, I beat it in around 6 hours!" Nope. There is one last fight when you get to your car and it's awful. I was surrounded by 4 guardians, each with a hard hitting weapon, and no real cover; I survived 2 turns and I'm not sure if there is any real way of beating them. Max died and then I got a "The End. Good luck" screen.

It disappoints me that this game didn't have more to it, but for $2 it held its worth.

15. GDT

GDT Member

May 13, 2015
    Hello,
    I agree, it's quite hard to escape. However, it's possible. Mechanics like a limited fight range for enemies or help by guardians are not a good solution. It would make the game much easy.

I'm really sorry that I disappointed you.
    If you played like a bad guy, it much easy to find a good equipments. But in this case you can't escape a final fight. It's quite hard and you should be prepared for that, but it's possible to defeat them.

16. Pr36Y0

Pr36Y0 Member

May 18, 2015
    Thank you for replying me.It is challenge indeed but I like it.
    Sometimes I find my bag lost a lot of things.Just disappeared strangely.I cannot understand what happend with them.Is a BUG or someone stolen them.Hope you can tell me what it is.

17. GDT

GDT Member

May 13, 2015
    #77 GDT, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Hmm... That's really strange. You can lost items in two cases, when you was defeated or when you decided to give marauders what they want instead fight with them. From your description is looks like the second case.

18. Alqui

Alqui Member

May 19, 2011
    Hello, is Ipod 4 supported?
    Thanks.

19. yoshthug

yoshthug Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Chicago
    How many times do you have to die before you say screw it and erase it from your Ipad?:mad:

20. davegobe

davegobe Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Chemist
    Cleveland, OH
    Finally beat the game! It's challenging, but definitely worth it.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a car part from the Guardians without having them attack you even if your reputation is high enough? Occasionally, a part will be located in one of their camps, but all the boxes appear to have the locked symbol on them.