Universal Hanger - (by A Small Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 7, 2012.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Are Endless levels randomized each play through or is the player always going through the exact same scripted level as was the case in Pixel Skater's Endless level?

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    From my experience there randomly generated.

3. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Woohoo! My free T-shirt from the comp arrived today.
    [​IMG]

4. Theda

Theda Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    I searched like this game. Now, My search is completed here.

5. Bud

Bud Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Awesome game. I have played it. It is interesting game.

6. Kosma

Kosma Member

Sep 1, 2012
    mobile game developer
    Hanger fan

I've been playing hanger since the first flash version. I absolutely love the game. Enough that I developed my own version adding more dynamic environments with cannons, giant springs, gravity shifts, crushers and more. If you like Hanger you may also like Anyo and Rui. Check it out. Free and Full versions. Enjoy! http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/kyle-kosma/id548153549

7. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the first and a limited time.

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to this game? Was a fan of the flash version, only found about the mobile version recently. The devs went dark? Been almost a year and no updates. Is the game worth getting?

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Now UNIVERSAL :) (and with new levels added).

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Now that came out of nowhere. How many new levels? And how does it compare to the browser version?

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    15 new levels and iPhone 5 support. Redownloading! Thanks devs for supporting your game!

12. A Small Game

A Small Game Well-Known Member

Hey! Thanks!

Sorry we couldn't get the update out earlier! We've had lots of other projects taking time from this. For example we're almost done with another iPhone/iPad game called Office Chair Zombie Disco Attack. You can check out a trailer here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=176666&highlight=office+chair+zombie

Thanks for your support!

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Update... More content, but also ads...

=o/

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yeah this really sucks, I'm sick of devs turning paid games into free games, when instead they should just release a free version.
    I've loved this game for ages and now I'm tempted to delete it as I really don't like ads in my games.

15. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Yeah really... I understand - it was a flash game, so it was free with ads (on the site) to begin with. But I paid for this app. Ads are unacceptable. Why didn't they release a free version with ads instead, and keep the paid one? There would be no financial consequences to that approach. It would be a win win win situation. They would have a free version available as they do now to expand their market-with ad revenue. They would also be able to sell paid copies of the game. Finally, loyal customers that want to fully enjoy the game would get to support the game and not have to deal with ads. Really wish they didn't throw their existing customers under the bus --> minus 2 stars

16. A Small Game

We totally understand, and this was a really hard decision for us. We have to think about making two different versions, it does makes sense.

When we did this latest free promotion of Hanger it really took of. The game that we thought people had lost interest in (we had no plans of updating it for a long time because of lack of time & money), suddenly was in the US top ten. We had to act quickly and try to monetize the current version of the game to keep it (and us) alive :) As we get income from the ads we will start to make more content for the game, more levels and characters, for free.

Hope you understand why we made this decision. Another good thing is that if this monetization works then it could also give us the opportunity to eventually start working on a new Hanger game! (It's going to be awesome, and then we're going to sort out all this monetization/ads crap from the start :)

Richard
    A Small Game

17. A Small Game

Hello again!

Just remembered that you can disable adtracking now in iOS7. :) It's somewhere in the privacy settings. Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try. Also it might take a while for it to have an effect.

Richard
    A Small Game

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    woah!!! I was going through my available updates and saw that this had been updated!!! Thank you!!! Can't wait to get back into it!

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It is so awesome to see all these blasts from the past getting modern resolution support! (and new levels, oh yeah!:D)

Thank you!

20. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Too much ADS and no way to remove them.

For me by now is 1 star and deleting from my device.