iPad Hands on with Ferrari GT: Evolution for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by don_k, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
  2. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    #2 ITrocks, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
    Well, with their Brother In Arms game being so F***ING FUN, i hope that this lives up to expectations. Hero of sparta better be good too. Damn, Gameloft is really doing well in the iPhone app market lol.

Frick, the graphics look way better than Asphalt. But..with the lack of nitro boost, it doesn't look that enticing. But i'm a sucker for graphics, and i've finished Asphalt already...hmmm...

3. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Sounds distracting: "The game has the same three control options as Asphalt 4."

Bummer. Then I won't buy it.

4. I am glad they have done away with the nitro- especially as Asphalt used your nitro when you tilt forward (with accelerometer steering) even when you didn't want to use it.
    The graphics look great. I just hope they sort out the controls for this one, so people can set the sensitivity to their liking.
    Thanks for the link Donkei.

5. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Slick. But i will wait until NFS comes out since i think both will have high price tags

6. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I think that NFS and Ferrari GT will rival each other.

Then we have

- Casual (Asphalt vs Raging Thunder)
    - Normal (Ferrari vs NFS)
    - Die Hard (Fastlane)

Not counting crap like Nitro Kart and GTS and Pole Position.

7. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Nitro Kart is NOT CRAP! It's just a taste of nostalgia. Remember all those times you were pressing that x button to accelerate on that PS1 controller...:D

8. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Nitro Kart is crap, because of the severe framerate issues. Otherwise, I would love this game, like I love Mario Kart on the DS and Wii. But in it's current state, it's unplayable.

9. mrsteveman1

mrsteveman1 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Have to agree, i have a 2nd gen touch and it chokes on nitro kart way more than it should.

10. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    What? Why?

I'm pretty sure it's not all controls at the same time. You pick in the settings menu, ala Asphalt 4.

11. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #11 salsamd, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
    Ferrari GT Picts

Ferrari Picts:

Why is there no brake pedal in the Yellow Ferrari pict? Also, what are the green arrows about?

Attached Files:

12. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
  13. bhagwad

bhagwad Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Is it difficult enough?

My best racer so far is Fastlane Street Racing. Asphalt 4 was just too easy and I completed it in 2 days.

So I ask those who have already played this game: Is it difficult enough to offer a real challenge? Something that will take me months to complete (Like Fastlane Street Racing). Do you need to know the details of each track intimately to be able to win?

Do you need to judge each corner and see if you need to slow down, brake, or drift?

Or is it just a "Just drive and it'll take care of itself" type of game? $10 is a lot of money and I want to be sure I'm not buying junk.

I hope it IS difficult, cause I like the cars and graphics, but if it's ANYTHING like Asphalt 4 (That includes Auto Accelerate) then I don't want it.

14. Justom

Justom Well-Known Member

It is Auto Accelerate.

15. RaNd0m

RaNd0m Active Member

Dec 5, 2008

Die Hard (Fastlane)? More like you'll die of how hard it is lol.... one of the toughest racing games I've ever played... next to maybe GT4 on the ps2....

16. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
  17. Guys PLEASE stick to one thread! This was a thread that started before the game came out based on a "hands-on".
    Another thread has started now the game is out and has 9 pages of posts. What's the point in trying to keep up with 2 threads on the same game, hmm?

Link to other post here.

This thread should now be locked imo.

18. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^ Ha! Mr. yuth strikes again!