Hand of Greed Contest! - Win 1100 free apps, iTunes GC's and an iPad! (Through 5/12)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Geoffwb, Apr 29, 2010.

1. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    I did finally get mine posted, but it's in chunks. Here it is in its entirety:

2. Geoffwb

Geoffwb Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    NYC
  3. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Yay! really loved your promotion guys

4. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    I liked that you made this giveaway really long(2 weeks). The instructions were really clear and gifting was within 72 hours. There was plenty of copies of THe Hand of Greed to go around rather than just 50. I can't find anything negative about this contest :D

5. Doomedo

Doomedo Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    >_> i'm that guy who nearly broke his ipod playing this game >_<. It was so fun, but frusterating, but yet highly addicting :D...

6. Riggy

Riggy Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    I love Hand of Greed because it reminds me of my marriage....anytime I try to get my hands on some money, I usually end up bleeding. :)

7. Magic

Magic Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Thank you Geoffwb for straightening out my missing app! very quick and efficient/professional!

8. Mackey

Mackey Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
  9. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    I really hope I win, I need a new iDevice. My first gen iTouch just isn't cutting it anymore... It constantly shuts off randomly and then I have to boot it back up again, and I still didn't lose battery. My theory is that it just thinks it won't be able to handle what I'm throwing at it and it shuts off, no warning or anything. I have to constantly have it connected to a Brookstone dexim portable charger. :( Here's to hoping I win (look at me, how greedy), and here's congrats to whoever does win. :D

10. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Ross Spencer Hand of Greed! What a name! A highly addictive game with SUCH a cool name! It reminds me of Aladin! My friend on my bus on the way to MPA (Music Performance Assessment!) got 226, and then I proceeded to SMASH and CRUSH him with a score of 10,746! At first, I didn't know what to do! I was SOOOOOO confused! Then I just g...rabbed a coin. It worked! I grabbed some more, and some more, and some more, until ALL OF THE SUDDEN I saw blood! I was like, "WHAT JUST HAPPENED???" I then realized I had gotten CUT!!! OUCH THE PAIN!!! So I played, and played, and played all throughout my Chorus's MPA! It was ALOT of fun! You should DEFINENTLY buy this unique game! Just try not to do it while driving, that'd be bad! PS my name on Touch Arcade is Rblacula!

^mine^ :D

11. KoOne23

KoOne23 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hand of Greed is no ordinary game. It will make you wanting more and more.The gameplay is awesome and it's just like trying to take back your money from the sea full of piranhas. You're collecting your money while avoiding sharp knives. Isn't that awesome? It's just as addictive as ever. Playing it could make you lock yourself in a room and stay till midnight. You couldn't stop playing this addictive game. The controls are easy yet great. Just press the treasures QUICKLY without getting cut by the knife. Just as simple as that but don't think it's easy cos you're racing against time! It's like a "wanting to win, wanting not to lose, but time is going out!" game. I bet everyone here played Hand of Greed would love it as well, just like me. Sounds are great as well.. It makes me cheered as well as making me nervous.

Be fast, or you will get thrust!
    Be greed, or you will get bit!

This is what I posted on fb!!

12. Phoenix526

Phoenix526 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Amazing contest. The trivia was undoubtely entertaining, as it yielded interesting results and facts about everyone. The contest also included many prizes, so almost everyone was a winner. Of course, all the participants of the contest also recieved an exclusive copy of the awesome game "Hand of Greed", so that they can test their cunning and reflexes to dodge tons of knives and blades in a thrilling adventure. Thanks for this oppurtunity!

13. daniel@appular

daniel@appular Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Community Manager
    Irvine, CA
    Just a friendly reminder to those who have not collected their prizes. Here's a list of people who haven't sent me information so far:

Ashenor
    Inundated
    Deadpoolite
    KGameLover1
    DPRICE81
    jeffyg3
    Rblacula
    Jomskylark
    chrislpatton
    CoryB23

If you're on that list, be sure to shoot me a PM with your email address you use for iTunes along with the app you want to be gifted ($0.99).

Also, if you haven't received your app yet (3 days of waiting or more), then please send me a PM and we'll sort things out.

14. Shooks

Shooks Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    I would post it here but for three reasons I won't/can't. I'm on my fail iPod, facebook on the itouch doesn't allow copy paste, and if I did you would now who I am, and I can't let that happen now can I? XD

15. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    My facebook post:

It was a pleasure of mine to be able to play one of the most fun and unique games on the app store, Hand of Greed. The fantastic graphics alongside the surprisingly fun and addictive casual gameplay really makes this game stick out as one of my personal favourites. The sound and particle effects of the blood and coins are also pretty amazing. When I first cut my self on the blade it kind of shocked me when the entire screen flashed red! Haha, it was kind of neat and the game isn't overly gruesome either, so it's still fairly appealing.. as weird as that may sound for a game that's based on avoiding cutting yourself on different types of blades. :p

Thanks for the great game! I'll be enjoying this one for a long time to come. I've already told a few of my friends to pick it up because it's a lot more fun comparing scores with friends!

16. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Sorry, have been really busy with full time work and full time school :(, must have missed it... I'll pm you soon :)

Also my answer to the final question....kinda quick, but don't have much time :cool:

Love HoG...addicting and a surreal experience. Love getting cut, as I always react with a jump...no other game makes me do that. And thank you all very much for the contest and the prizes...it really was a treat after a long day of school and work
    :) :) :)

17. Vambastic

Vambastic Member

May 1, 2010
    Looking forward to it and thank you for sending me the app I won... you guys rock!

18. Geoffwb

Geoffwb Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    NYC
    iPad winner announced at 5pm EST and Question #13 and 14 winners!

Well submissions are closed for the Hand of Greed iPad giveaway! We'll be announcing the winner at 5pm est on Facebook, so make sure to check in :)

in the mean time, I have our final App daily question winners

Question #13 Winners:

LukeSkyfrog
    LordVader
    Vambastic
    Akuyazi
    foxmulderino
    hobby
    Rblacula

Question #14, Our Final Winners!

Shooks
    Doomedo
    Riggy
    Burton
    Apollon
    Aussie2
    wmcwmc

Congrats all! Thanks for all the feedback, enjoying the questions, and of course for playing Hand of Greed! :)

19. BadboyRion

BadboyRion Member

Apr 21, 2010
  20. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Hey, would just like to say thanks for this great competition, it was a great idea and I think I speak on behalf of everyone here when I say that we would love another one of these great competitions!