Universal Halo: Spartan Strike (By Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 16, 2015.

1. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Just picked up the bundle, it is a great price for two premium games. I will be honest these will be the first ever Halo games that I have played.

I always thought it would be cool to play Halo I had the old brick XBox but then I moved to PS3 when it packed in.

So I am looking forward to trying these out.

2. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Awesome! I hope you like them. The Halo universe is vast and extremely entertaining with its story line.

As for the games on iOS, if you haven't played Halo before, there will naturally be a learning curve for all the kinds of weapons and vehicles you'll encounter throughout the game. This sometimes causes people to give up on an otherwise great game. I would encourage you to play around with all the weapons you encounter, or maybe do a little research.

The game is great, besides this is HALO on our phones/tablets. How cool!

3. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Tips for getting higher scores on each level? I'm fairly new to the Halo universe (used to play some of the original Halo multiplayer back in the day, but hardly any of the campaign). Do you gain fewer pints for kills if you take hits between them?

4. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    You don't take fewer points if you get hit between kills. However, try to kill as many bad guys in a row within 4 seconds of each other to get a higher score. For example: double kill, triple kill, overkill, ect.

There are actually lots of ways to get a higher score as well. For example: assassinations, gernade sprees, vehicle sprees.

Also, use the score booster if a level is giving you a hard time. Lastly, if you want an in-depth view of just how many points each type of kill can give, look at your score detail after every level you complete. For example: it will say you had X amount of double kills for X amount of points.

5. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Awesome. I was going through levels very cautiously- but it sounds like the bull in a China shop approach gets higher scores lol. Thanks!

6. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Hehe I was doing the same, but I also realized just work on killing fast. Though I personally cannot get past silver most of the time without using score boosters...

7. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Good analogy, but being cautious in the more difficult levels (D & E) will yield better results. You will find yourself running with your horns down full blast, only to get neutered for your efforts.

8. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    YES! #1 on leaderboard level E-6, get some!

9. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Anybody know of a decent online guide for learning about the gun, shield and enemy types? Besides the original Halo multiplayer (which was years ago), I'm a Halo noob. Thanks in advance!

10. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    #150 Golden Boy, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Hi! Halo Wikia is your best friend then, it has everything you could possibly want to learn about the entire series, or just this one game in particular.

Here is a direct link to info for this game, and it's mobile friendly with an iTunes application (free) as well.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Spartan_Assault

11. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks for the info! I'm methodical in playing, and just do an average of a level a day (or less). I thought I'd share a couple more impressions of the difficulty of the game. In terms of completing a level without dieing, I've had some random deaths here and there but have always been able to complete each level within a couple of tries, except for one: D2.

I think it was more a tactical issue than anything. If I didn't die then I allowed the turrets or suicide grunts to destroy the door. Whenever I got past defending the door, the Promethian Knights made short work of me, as I usually had run out of ammo and would run around, avoiding them, trying to reach a gun. This was the only level I needed upgrades to actually complete. Figuring out some tactics also helped.

While defending the door I occasionally threw incendiary grenades in the path - suicide grunts would blow up on contact. An achievement is based on using these grenades on the turrets, so I just ignored that and used regular grenades, saving incendiary ones for strategic defense. I also used them during the final survival phase against the Knights. I holed myself up in the northwest corner of the map, and blocked one lane at a time with the grenades. This way I could use a long range weapon across the fire, and waddle any enemy down that used the good lane.

After completing all of D I returned to the 3 I only had silver stars on, and redid them with score boosters. Honestly, after doing all of D, getting the Gold star on and finishing D2 was easier than I anticipated. I've used score boosters to get Gold Stars on 6 or 7 levels probably. Some seem all but impossible without, and some I'm just too lazy to keep retrying.

Overall, a great game. I wish there was some sort of arena or multiplayer - I don't care that it'd be top down, using more vehicles and playing a breathing, thinking opponent would be nice.

12. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I've played through both Halo: SS & SA, and they are fantastic games that are true to the Halo universe. I often revisit them for quick rounds and find myself smiling at the fact I'm playing Halo on my iPhone.

Small note: there is actually an arena type mode for the very last level of SS(Spartan Stike). This level has every weapon, Spartan ability, and enemies in the game to blast away at for an exhausting amount of time. However, it doesn't last forever and eventually ends, but it's very similar to an arena mode. I'm currently #1 on that leaderboard with an impressive score.

13. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    If you get a phone call in the middle of a mission, do you have to start over or does it remember where you were? Thanks!

14. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I can confirm, it remembers where you were.

15. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Thanks so much!

16. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Sale; half off.

17. Ryan187

Ryan187 Active Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I feel retarded, I cannot find the bundle on the app store!

18. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    I can't buy it, it says "it's currently being modified" when I tap to buy it, did I miss the sale? It only went on sale 2 hours ago

19. RampageDeluxe

RampageDeluxe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I can't buy any app right now.

20. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    I don't understand what's going on, hopefully it isn't because they are changing the price back