Universal Halo: Spartan Strike (By Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 16, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    There's 4 main areas but the difficulty only gets noticably harder in the last 2. Generally, the game isn't that hard and you should have enough credits by the end of your runs to buy consumable strong weapons to help you win if they're still giving you trouble.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I was on the fence about purchasing this game mostly because of complains about the controls, but after reading today's review from PG I just had to buy it no matter what. I have to say, the controls are not that precise as in Space Marshals, but I still hope I'm gonna get used to it. Also, I'd appreciate some guide on items. There are different types of grenades and shields, but I can't find any specifications about them. I did try them during the tutorial, but it's just my guess what's their purpose, not to mention the only difference between them visually is the small icon above them. I'm sure I'll get familiar with them during the game eventually, I'm just saying it'd be appreciated to know what I'm dealing with from the beginning. I'm just saying, trial and error is not my favorite learning technique.

I just finished first mission (besides the tutorial) and I know it's quite early to judge, but I REALLY like the game so far. I'll be back later with some more feedback for sure.

3. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks for that. So much premium goodness around these days it's hard to know what to get next :) Lost Within looks good as well :)

4. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    #124 kopicha, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    One is grenade the other is item (which is kinda acting like the Spartan special moves) They are 2 completely separate stuffs. Almost every of those things are also in the Halo main game. the "item" wise there are different ones not just shield. it also have like shockwave where you can aoe and stun stuffs around up to a certain radius. and a few more. Grenades have usual grenades that works like usual grenades you find in any other game. Also there is one that explode and left burning dmg over time in an area for a short while. Also sticky grenade (one of the most popular one in halo games) where it sticks onto the enemy or object you throw then explode after awhile. To identify them unfortunately you need to slowly memorize the icons. Which you eventually will after playing thru it a couple of times. besides that before you start a mission. you also can tap on each item to see what are they and what they do too. thats also how you can spend your xp credit for different customization before each mission.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I noticed there aren't much explanations on weapons or grenades but I guess they thought people would get annoyed with pop ups and want to just "play". I guess I'm pretty neutral on that.

However that said, there are A LOT of weapons and grenades in SS. Can someone compare if both games have the same amount or SS has more? I can't remember but it feels like there's so much to pick up in SS it's really fun. There are some great grenades like an electric stun one that's my favorite or the incendiary which is my second favorite.

Also be on the look out for the best armor ability ever, the homing mines. That one is so crazy amazing. You can pretty much destroy anything / anyone with it. Though I wish armor abilities and grenade usage were buttons instead of weird taps. It just breaks the flow of the game for me personally. Sometimes I can't tell if I tossed a grenade and end it randomly tossing it. Armor I can get killed moving my hand to the middle of the screen to activate it.

6. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Halo SS has every weapon and vehicle that Halo SA has, with some extras. For example: SA has the BR (battle rifle), suppressor, gernade launcher — these are weapons of course.

Halo SA has a few extra vehicles (kestrel), as well as updates to certain vehicles. For example: you can now drive the warthog and shoot its turret at the same time. In Halo SA you couldn't do both.

7. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I must say I do appreciate the shortness of each individual mission. It helps justify squeezing one in here or there - I work full time, go to grad school full time and have a three kids :D

8. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    I really want to buy this game but I'm skeptical because of hearing about how troublesome the controls are.

9. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Nothing to worry about, you just have to get use to them. The left stick, which moves your Spartan, is vastly improved over Halo SA.

I'm working on the Spartan Ops of the game, which are little side mission to achieve a certain number of things; for example: kill X number of grunts with X weapon.

With that said, I actually enjoy the controls. They don't bother me what-so-ever. Of course, I've played through SA and SS, so I suppose I've grown accustomed to them.

10. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Hey guys how many levels this game has?

11. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    The game has five main environments with six missions (levels) per environment. I trust you can do the math =).

12. Samurix16

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    Finally bought it, hope it was worth the six dollars

13. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I rarely buy games anymore, because I'm constantly beta testing at least 15 games a month for others.

However, I bought this in the Halo bundle and am completely satisfied. Worth my $10, it's so fun.

Hope you enjoy it bud!

14. Samurix16

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    Thanks

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=259668][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259667][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258324][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259632][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259673][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=259784][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259631][​IMG][/thread]

Halo: Spartan Strike

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

April 16th, 2015

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own game!

16. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Does this game and the other halo game has melee attacks?

17. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    This is from the Z steel thread but i don't want to join the OT part there.Nonetheless i HAVE to answer :)

I was wondering what you mean with"amateur"presentation one post before that one but after you explained what you mean i have to say that this is utter nonsense,sorry ;)

What you describe is a matter of taste but has nothing to do with"amateur".I think the UI is great for example and fits nice into the Halo universe.And i also don't think the voice acting is THAT bad.

I can't speak for the controls since i play with a controller but the controller support is top notch.Connection is recognized after a restart and all menus are usable with a controller.Feels like a console game in this regard and not amateurish.

The visuals are crystal clear,crisp,runs in native resolution and with buttersmooth 60 fps.With a lot of great (particle) effects etc.Levels feel alive,there's always something going on in the background,not to mention the banshees and other stuff flying over the battlefield while you are fighting one step below.

The menus are very clear,the movie clips are a nice and welcome addition,theres a lot of content (and no IAPs) for the money and everything what Halo fans like is there (i played ALL Halo games since the very beginning,most of them to death...).Music and sound is high quality as well,en par with the real Halo games.Both games belong to the most polished games you can find in the app store,there is really nothing amateurish about it.

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I've played through the A levels up to B-2 including it and I have to say, so far quite disappointed. The action is well, meh. I much preferred Space Marshals over this. And the fact that the last set of levels is locked behind the need to gold star everything, well, that seems quite annoying at best. I hope it improves.

19. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Sorry, this game feels fan made to me. Opinions are opinions, and I respect yours, but I really don't like this game. I shouldn't have included space marshals in there, because that game is a five star game imo.

This game just doesn't click with me, and I don't know why.

20. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    #140 Golden Boy, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Yes, it has melee attacks. If you've played any of the Halo series on Xbox or PC, you'll feel right at home.

Basically, everything you can do in those system's versions, you can do in the iOS version of the game. Except of course, no multi player.